Port Forwarding

This is a discussion on Port Forwarding within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey, I'm running Cyanogen 6 on the Nexus One. I'm trying to set up some port forwarding on my laptop over the phones wifi. Is ...

Thread: Port Forwarding

Port Forwarding

Hey, I'm running Cyanogen 6 on the Nexus One. I'm trying to set up some port forwarding on my laptop over the phones wifi.

Is it possible?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What exactly are you trying to do?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

port forwarding is only available on routers and some access points this feature is not available on your nexus one phone because your phone WLAN card is only sharing your normal connection with your PC it is not filtering it nor it has any firewall to block your incoming traffic that why you don't need to port forward from your phone because its not affecting/modifying your incoming data.

hope this solves your problem

The provider 3 in Austria gives you public IPs. However, such public IP is protected by the provider by default so that no connections from outside may reach your device. However on the provider website you may uncheck this. It may take some days for them to make this change to take effect but it will allow you to have a mobile server. I tested this using some IP Webcam. It works fine.
    If you want to access a host that is located in your tethered subnet it makes sense to use some kind of Port Forwarder app. For example https://market.android.com/details?id=at.bherbst.net allows you to forward a port to a device in your local subnet that you created using any tethering method.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links