Updates and root

This is a discussion on Updates and root within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've searched a bit but there is a simple question for wich I don't have any answer for yet : I'm rooted on stock 2.2 ...

Thread: Updates and root

Updates and root

I've searched a bit but there is a simple question for wich I don't have any answer for yet :

I'm rooted on stock 2.2 with z4root (locked bootloader). If I install the updates in order to get 2.3.3, I know that I will loose root but how loosing root will affect my phone ? Only lost of SuperUser access ? Will all my sd will installed apps stays on sd ? Do need to backup with Titanium before installing updates (wich I will probably do anyway) ?

(I only have CacheMate, Move2sd Enabler, ShootMe and Titanium Backup as for rooted phone only apps)

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Good question!

When you lose root, any of the apps which use root access will cease to work. So, for example, if your apps2sd uses root, then the apps that are on the SD will stay on the SD, but will not function because your phone will no longer recognize them. If you use Froyo apps2sd, you won't have a problem because it doesn't use root access.

Safest solution is to backup with Titanium, install the update, reroot, then restore through Titanium...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I used Move2SD Enabler for root users. (Auto installs on SD by default)

And Tx for the heads up, ressource man !

*Posted from my sweet rooted Nexus One via hitn'yak

Time to get that dreadded GB

*Posted from my sweet rooted Nexus One via hitn'yak

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links