My facebook app is patchy...

This is a discussion on My facebook app is patchy... within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi! I've tried searching threads about this, but I can't seem to find an exact match to my problem So a while ago, my facebook ...

Thread: My facebook app is patchy...

My facebook app is patchy...

Hi!

I've tried searching threads about this, but I can't seem to find an exact match to my problem

So a while ago, my facebook app decided to just stop working (probably after an update). There weren't any of those "cannot fetch data" errors, the new feed page would just have that loading circle moving to show its working, but it never actually loads.

I thought this was a problem with my Nexus one only, but then the same thing happened on my galaxy tab. At this point, I could not do anything, sliding the notification bar up shows nothing, chat doesn't work... the list goes on. A fun thing to note is that the widget still shows the latest post from friends

However, today I started uni and I managed to connect to the wifi. To my surprise the app works with full functionality on my Nexus one. So now I suspect that there is something wrong with my wifi. What could I do?

Thanks in advance!
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've used touch.facebook.com and just bookmarked it with much better results. If needed, I can switch into the full mode and see facebook exactly how it is on a computer screen. The Facebook app, although much improved recently, is just lacking for expanded functionality except for uploading pictures imo:nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    I've used touch.facebook.com and just bookmarked it with much better results. If needed, I can switch into the full mode and see facebook exactly how it is on a computer screen. The Facebook app, although much improved recently, is just lacking for expanded functionality except for uploading pictures imo:nexusx:
    Thanks for your reply

I've also found other alternatives such as the facebook functionality in pulse. It looks better, but lacks functions like chat and places.

But since I've been able to narrow it down to my own network being the problem, can someone explain what maybe be the problem?
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Facebook Widget Gone

Dear All,

My faebook widget, which shows updates of friends statuses, was not repsonding so i deleted it, believing that i could re-install it and the problem would be gone.
    However, when i deleted it, i could not get the desktop widget back. I un-installed the app and re-installed it but to no avail.

Can anyone help me in this and guide me how to get the back the (desktop) widget, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ciao

--Shiraz

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links