Can't make calls or use web after Gingerbread update

This is a discussion on Can't make calls or use web after Gingerbread update within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Nothing is fixing this. i spent all the money i had to get a phone for a job i just got and now i have ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't make calls or use web after Gingerbread update

Unhappy WE ALL WANT TO GO BACK TO froyo PLEASE HELP

Nothing is fixing this. i spent all the money i had to get a phone for a job i just got and now i have no phone and I lost the job becase i cant fix this finaclly please help me before i kill my self for ***** up this bad.
    its just a phone but it was all the money i had and now im disconnected and fired . please help me restore the phone out of gingerbread , like all the other stories it wont work for me. its not rooted its not hacked its just broken. everything becauyse of a update. i have spent over 15 hours trying things to fix it . i just want to uninstall. please help

My phone alerted me this morning that a system update was available so I started and went about my business. It finished and every thing looked fine UI was new and a few other new touches. I was on my way to work and it popped up that I had a voice mail even though my phone never rang. I tried dialing into voice mail and nothing. Tried to call other people and nothing. Calls just keep failing. I can't browse the web either.

Now my phone keeps changing from showing no service to showing 3g and full signal. I can't make calls even if it shows I have a signal. I've restarted the phone, pulled the battery, pulled the simcard. I've done all these things several times and no luck on getting it to work.

I don't know if it was Gingerbread or something else that killed it but it just won't work. If someone has some ideas I could try or if your having the same problem please let me know.

Ok dude wo no need for such drastic measures I can help you fix your phone it's not a hard process trust me. Now the first thing is do you care about the data that is one your phone because this will wipe your phone so if you do backup what you can with my backup pro. As well as trying estrong if you want but most user data that is backup able without root can be with my backup pro.

Now I can walk you through this step by step or I can just tell you all in one post it's your choice.

thank you lord

i dont care if i wipe the date i just need need a working phone again not gingerbread un less that is going to work with tmobile . but i think is froyo corrcet that i need .?

how about step by step and all at once first and then if i am totally incompetent i will let you know

If you don't care about wiping data, just go Menu> Settings> Privacy> Factory data reset.
    Reboot, and see if it helps. If not, we can try and get you back to Froyo...

i tied that

well if you tried what danger said then you will need to try the passimg method to get back to frg33 then you can update back to frg83g if you want.

Passimg method
    1. download the file from this link [ROM] Passion_Google_WWE_2.16.1700.1_FRG33_MFG_Shipment_ ROM - xda-developers

2. rename that file passimg.zip

3. place that file on the root of your SD card (not in any folders)

4. turn off you phone and reboot into bootloader by holding down the volume down key at the same time as power button.

5. you should wait a second for the SD card to mount then you will be prompted to flash the passimg file accept and wait for the file to flash.

6. after that you should be all good just reboot and reinstall everything.

EDIT:
    Yeah - what Dude said... xD

Ha ha I beat you to it danger :D

You da man!!
    Catch ya later Dude!! xD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links