Can't make calls or use web after Gingerbread update

This is a discussion on Can't make calls or use web after Gingerbread update within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; My phone alerted me this morning that a system update was available so I started and went about my business. It finished and every thing ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't make calls or use web after Gingerbread update

Can't make calls or use web after Gingerbread update

My phone alerted me this morning that a system update was available so I started and went about my business. It finished and every thing looked fine UI was new and a few other new touches. I was on my way to work and it popped up that I had a voice mail even though my phone never rang. I tried dialing into voice mail and nothing. Tried to call other people and nothing. Calls just keep failing. I can't browse the web either.

Now my phone keeps changing from showing no service to showing 3g and full signal. I can't make calls even if it shows I have a signal. I've restarted the phone, pulled the battery, pulled the sim card. I've done all these things several times and no luck on getting it to work.

I don't know if it was Gingerbread or something else that killed it but it just won't work. If someone has some ideas I could try or if your having the same problem please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
    John

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you checked you apn settings for 3g ? Maybe your settings was messed up ?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Thanks iPeck. I went in and reset everything and the phone appears to be working. I don't know why that would have reset but I'm working again.

Thanks

Glad to hear that your fine now

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

is it possible to uninstall gingerbread 2.3?

hi there ipeck dude, please help instruct me on how to uninstall this gingerbread 2.3 stuff, i cant take it any more , i had the same problem with "johnz16" and i have done all he did but still i cannot browse the web or use any app that accesses data usage even my GPS does not work, even to log into my google account on my phone to access the market, i think my nexus1 was better off with froyo 2.2, please if it is possible give me directions on how to uninstall this gingerbread 2.3, please! please! please! dude help me out, i'm waiting for your reply , Thanks dude

hi there ipeck dude, please help instruct me on how to uninstall this gingerbread 2.3 stuff, i cant take it any more , i had the same problem with "johnz16" and i have done all he did but still i cannot browse the web or use any app that accesses data usage even my GPS does not work, even to log into my google account on my phone to access the market, i think my nexus1 was better off with froyo 2.2, please if it is possible give me directions on how to uninstall this gingerbread 2.3, please! please! please! dude help me out, i'm waiting for your reply , Thanks dude

dude please tell me haw you did your reset, because i tried reseting my phone but it still has the same problems as yours had before

Having the same problem, is there anyway to uninstall the update?

I also had several settings change, including APN. Out of nowhere in the middle of the day, several hours after the update, the phone said Emergency Calls Only. I pondered for a moment, went to network setting and there it was... blank. Go figure.

Angry Gingerbread update diminishing Wifi, and internet connection

I don't know how or why but after I updated to gingerbread my nexus one , it has been having connection issues and it is not being resolved with modifying the network settings. Thinking of switching back to previous rom version.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links