Downloaded Gingerbread but it didn't install

This is a discussion on Downloaded Gingerbread but it didn't install within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I got the message to download Gingerbread last night and did so. Took something like 10 minutes. But when it rebooted there was no ...

Thread: Downloaded Gingerbread but it didn't install

Downloaded Gingerbread but it didn't install

Hi, I got the message to download Gingerbread last night and did so. Took something like 10 minutes. But when it rebooted there was no automatic install. Did anyone have this problem? I hit the System Updates button in Settings and it gave me a message that everything is updated, even though I'm still on Froyo. Is there an additional manual step to upgrade to Gingerbread? Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have the exact same problem. Downloaded but nothing happened. Still FRG83G 2.2.2

Anyone have a clue?

Exact same thing happened to me last night, rebooted after dl and still running 2.2.2

When i look for system updates it says my system is current.... tried a battery pull twice with no luck

same issue here

everything working fine for me

OK, so I just got another message to update to Gingerbread. This time it worked. I guess there was something buggy with the original update request. Just wait it out and you should get another opportunity to upgrade properly.

that's great news. hopefully I will get a second, working, update soon~~

Quote Originally Posted by Wrister View Post
    OK, so I just got another message to update to Gingerbread. This time it worked. I guess there was something buggy with the original update request. Just wait it out and you should get another opportunity to upgrade properly.

Yup mine came through again last night... GB now!

hmmm..maybe a checksum error at launch? Also, can anyone recall if they were on 3G when GB downloaded, as opposed to wifi?

Sometime overnight, my Nexus One received the Gingerbread OTA. I told it to install this morning and it downloaded a 46 meg update, and then rebooted right back into Froyo without actually running the update.

I was worried that something about my phone was preventing the OTA from working, so I did it manually (it's very easy; just google "manually update nexus one to 2.3.3" and you'll find many websites describing the process).

Now I'm running 2.3.3 and it looks great. Possibly I could have been patient and waited for a fixed OTA, but it was just too tortuous!

Gingerbread looks great so far. My one great disappointment is that my office building is still a dead zone for my N1 (I replaced it twice but no N1 seems to work in here, even though I can put my SIM into a blackberry and it works fine).

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links