Android OS Drains Battery !!!?

This is a discussion on Android OS Drains Battery !!!? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Maybe a plug became loose? try restarting ur phone maybe!...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Android OS Drains Battery !!!?

Maybe a plug became loose? try restarting ur phone maybe!

Hi Joe,
    Nah, it had that Orange "I'm charging" indicator light lit the whole time. I just did a battery pull on it now. Still shows 10 hours running on battery.
    It's even plugged in now charging on my desk at the office, I pull out the charging wire and still shows the 10 hours. Maybe this re-sets when the battery hits 100% charge?

. . . maybe . . . (shrugs)

Just end the test unplug yesterday with 100% battery at 9 got one call from wife and 2 whatsapp messages after that. Nothing more happen.

Important I have everything up, wireless, Bluetooth,few apps like eBay, whatsapp and such.

35% at 6:30 am today

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Yes got my nexus one, unlocked, using Vodaphone uk. Battery about half as long lasting as my Desire was. Apps using power are negligable, its the Android system usign all the power.

Is hard reset the answer ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tapage View Post
    Just end the test unplug yesterday with 100% battery at 9 got one call from wife and 2 whatsapp messages after that. Nothing more happen.

Important I have everything up, wireless, Bluetooth,few apps like eBay, whatsapp and such.

Still it shouldn't take a hit like that with in 9hours should it? That being said i THINK im noticing some correlation between WiFi and 'Android OS' taking over the battery life (even though i have the wifi settings on 'sleep when screen turns off')

When i turn it off manually (This is on Gingerbread btw) the OS seems to calm down eventually. Now i assure you chances are that Im just Nuts!
    but Juuuuust incase, keep an eye out on that area and any kind of patterns.

I have experienced exactly the same issue with Android OS using most of the battery following upgrade to Gingerbread.

It appears to be a wifi bug. I changed my wifi policy to "never sleep" and now Android OS is using 3% of batter as opposed to previous 65%!

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    I have experienced exactly the same issue with Android OS using most of the battery following upgrade to Gingerbread.

It appears to be a wifi bug. I changed my wifi policy to "never sleep" and now Android OS is using 3% of batter as opposed to previous 65%!
    Alright, ill give it a try but somehow i doubt the same lol

This is big disappointment, especially coming from google, ive been waiting for this upgrade since early november, and theyve been stringing us all along for . . .what. . almost 4 months now, n it turns out this thing is more trouble than its worth.

C'mon google, release a patch or something!
    youve had All this time to work out all the 'bugs'

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    mmm that seems odd to me ... Wireless never sleep setting saving more batt than sleep when screen off .. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tapage View Post

Thanks for posting back your results Tapage.
    I didn't have bluetooth turned on, and I don't use ebay and whatsapp. I did a system wipe yesterday afternoon and I will do the same test again tonight and post back.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links