Android OS Drains Battery !!!?

This is a discussion on Android OS Drains Battery !!!? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I did a system wipe and restore to factory settings & my battery is lasting a little bit longer now. I did the fully charge ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Android OS Drains Battery !!!?

I did a system wipe and restore to factory settings & my battery is lasting a little bit longer now.
    I did the fully charge and unplug over night, I woke up this morning to a battery with 55% charge.
    Not all of my apps were automatically restored though, I had to search the market for 7 of them and re-download them.

It won't reset your usage until it's fully charged again. If you notice on the top, there is a graph in blue that shows how many hours you've been up and how much it's drained or charged since the last full charge.

Also. You can tap on the "android OS 63%" and it will tell youwhat is using it to drain... at least sometimes it will anyway.

Hi Dude,
    Thanks for letting me(us) know about the numbers not resetting until it is fully charged.
    I see the graph and I tap it and a bigger graph opens up
    Phone signal is a grey solid line
    Wi-Fi is a blue bar with some black spots - I am guessing the black spots are when the Wi-Fi is off? Or is it the other way around (blue representing Wi-Fi is off)
    Awake is a blue bar looking pretty much the same as the Wi-Fi bar.
    Screen on only has a few blue spots
    Charging is there with no bar though (I'm guessing because it wasn't charging?)

I tapped on the Android OS and it tells me Usage details CPU total 2h 25m 26s. Nothing else is listed there. (other than it has used 52% of my battery)

Ok. Sometimes if there is a rogue app, it breaks it down. when you tap the OS. What I do when I go to bed is either put it in airplane mode, or just turn off data and do a task kill.

I just might go back to airplane mode at night. I used to use the alarm clock in the Nexus One to wake me up but twice the battery died on me over night so I switched back to a normal plug in the wall alarm clock. I'll probably just turn it off at night.

Question

It seems it Is a wifi bug, and believe it or not leaving the sleep mode for wifi on 'always on' actually helps (if you need to leave it on)

Anywho, can some one explain if this this normal?!?!
    Picture of my phone before and after left charging, untouched!
    and whats an 'akmd' for ?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I have had the same problem with high battery usage. Yesterday, I changed WiFi from sleep when screen is off to always ON. Uninstalled 'the weather channel' and my battery life has doubled.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blu View Post
    It seems it Is a wifi bug, and believe it or not leaving the sleep mode for wifi on 'always on' actually helps (if you need to leave it on)

Anywho, can some one explain if this this normal?!?!
    Picture of my phone before and after left charging, untouched!
    and whats an 'akmd' for ?
    akmd is the app used for the accelerometer.

akmd using battery? - Android Help

YES - THIS IS THE ANSWER. My Android OS was taking up 40-50-60% of my battery life over the course of 10-12 hours and completely killing my battery. Yesterday I set wifi policy to "never sleep" and I see the same results: Android OS is now using only about 3%. Battery down only about 25% after almost 8 hours of minimal use.

I believe the setting "never when plugged in" has the bug - as a friend of mine with a nexus 1 that was set to "when screen turns off" and he has normal battery life and no heavy Android OS battery percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    I have experienced exactly the same issue with Android OS using most of the battery following upgrade to Gingerbread.

It appears to be a wifi bug. I changed my wifi policy to "never sleep" and now Android OS is using 3% of batter as opposed to previous 65%!

Quote Originally Posted by mattarata View Post
    YES - THIS IS THE ANSWER. My Android OS was taking up 40-50-60% of my battery life over the course of 10-12 hours and completely killing my battery. Yesterday I set wifi policy to "never sleep" and I see the same results: Android OS is now using only about 3%. Battery down only about 25% after almost 8 hours of minimal use.

I believe the setting "never when plugged in" has the bug - as a friend of mine with a nexus 1 that was set to "when screen turns off" and he has normal battery life and no heavy Android OS battery percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    I have experienced exactly the same issue with Android OS using most of the battery following upgrade to Gingerbread.

It appears to be a wifi bug. I changed my wifi policy to "never sleep" and now Android OS is using 3% of batter as opposed to previous 65%!
    Which is the answer? Setting Wi-Fi to never sleep, or sleep when screen turns off?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links