Android OS Drains Battery !!!?

This is a discussion on Android OS Drains Battery !!!? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I believe either setting will solve the problem, but I would rather have my wifi on most of the time, even though it might use ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Android OS Drains Battery !!!?

I believe either setting will solve the problem, but I would rather have my wifi on most of the time, even though it might use a little bit more battery life, I don't have the best 3G signal at my work.

A co-worker also has a Nexus 1, and confirmed to me today that he had his set to "sleep when screen turns off" but wasn't experiencing the same battery drain problem that I had.

Thanks mattarata

So where is this in settings?

Rooted Running Rods MIUIMOD.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    So where is this in settings?

Rooted Running Rods MIUIMOD.
    wifi settings-advanced
    my other phone's a nexus too

Well. I checked, found under advanced settings. Mine is on "sleep when screen turns off." I get 3% an hour when not in use. When data is off, I get 2% drainage. When using the phone for calls, about %25 an hour, when texting about 20% an hour. When surfing the net or playing with apps, about 25% an hour.

In other words. battery is great when I don't use my phone but to check the time and see what the temp is (for some reason the weather widgets drain very little), but to actually use it? Pffttt.... fugedabotit!

After a week or so with the new setting, i am back to "normal" battery life.

Looking right now i have drained about 35% after 9+ hours. With wi-fi on 100% of the time.

Display now eats the most battery even with minimal use of the phone throughout the day and brightness set to low, it takes 38%. Wi=fi eats 15%, and cell standyby 12%. This seems fairly normal for what most people say is already standard battery life for the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by mattarata View Post
    if you have time .. charge it to 100% full disconect it at 21:00 and see how much batt you have at morning said 7:00 ..?

I did that with all on ( BT, Wifi, ebay apps etc ) and I got about 35% at 7 in the morning .. with no voluntary use of the phone throught the night ..

Quote Originally Posted by Tapage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattarata View Post
    if you have time .. charge it to 100% full disconect it at 21:00 and see how much batt you have at morning said 7:00 ..?

I did that with all on ( BT, Wifi, ebay apps etc ) and I got about 35% at 7 in the morning .. with no voluntary use of the phone throught the night ..
    If my memory works, I will take this test and report back in the morning. (seriously )

Android Lurker extraspecialbitter's Avatar
    I'm encouraged to see that I'm not the only one having this issue. My initial impression of Gingerbread was that it was extremely polished, but the inability to hold a charge had me puzzled. I even bought a Nexus One replacement battery (of questionable origin), which - predictably - didn't help. I've just tried the Wireless settings "fix" and will let everyone know how it works out. I'm really happy with the Nexus One and would rather hold onto it!

Android Lurker extraspecialbitter's Avatar
    Last night I changed my WiFi sleep policy to "Never" before charging my phone and discovered to my delight that I still had plenty of charge (> 90%) when I woke up this morning. Thanks to this tip, I have my old Nexus One back.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links