Android OS Drains Battery !!!?

This is a discussion on Android OS Drains Battery !!!? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by tonybhoy Originally Posted by Tapage Originally Posted by tonybhoy wifi settings,advanced Wireless & Networks . ? wireless & networks wifi settings advanced ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: Android OS Drains Battery !!!?

  1. #51
    Member Tapage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    wifi settings,advanced
    Wireless & Networks . ?
    wireless & networks
    wifi settings
    advanced
    wifi sleep policy
    Got it thanks .. will report back results .. !

  2. #52
    Senior Member N1David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    866
    Surprisingly (well, I was at least)...but I changed my wifi sleep policy to never and that did the trick for my battery life; after 10h, 50 min on battery
    display 52%
    voice calls 23% (busy day on phones here)
    Wi-Fi 9%
    Cell standby 7%
    Phone Idle 6%
    akmd 3%

    I still have 58% battery left too.

  3. #53
    Member Tapage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    95
    After the never sleep wifi mod .. I need to say, yes .. nice improvement in my battery life .. I'm going to test a bit more and more details back ..

  4. #54
    Android Lurker danger-rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    0
    I think you'll find that drinking Dog Fish Head IPA will really help with battery life, also...

    Works for me!!! xD

    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

  5. #55
    Android Lurker dudedidtheplan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    I think you'll find that drinking Dog Fish Head IPA will really help with battery life, also...

    Works for me!!! xD

    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Note to self... must get Dogfish head IPA.... Period.

    Wait. I've been drinking Southern Tier IPA... does that work too?

  6. #56
    Junior Member Built4comfort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thank you! Thank you! I had noticed my Nexus One was chewing through the battery and was close to ordering a replacement battery myself. This morning I went from 100% to 85% in less than an hour, with checking of e-mail twice and that's about it. I was shocked to see the Android system using around 40%. I came here and read this thread. Made the recommended change and charged it when got home. Now showing 2% use and holding charge nicely. I was becoming so frustrated. Hopefully now I am back to a much happier and useful Nexus One.

  7. #57
    Senior Member N1David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by Built4comfort View Post
    Thank you! Thank you! I had noticed my Nexus One was chewing through the battery and was close to ordering a replacement battery myself. This morning I went from 100% to 85% in less than an hour, with checking of e-mail twice and that's about it. I was shocked to see the Android system using around 40%. I came here and read this thread. Made the recommended change and charged it when got home. Now showing 2% use and holding charge nicely. I was becoming so frustrated. Hopefully now I am back to a much happier and useful Nexus One.
    Awesome, this forum is a great place for info.

  8. #58
    Junior Member mattarata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattarata View Post
    After a week or so with the new setting, i am back to "normal" battery life.
    if you have time .. charge it to 100% full disconect it at 21:00 and see how much batt you have at morning said 7:00 ..?

    I did that with all on ( BT, Wifi, ebay apps etc ) and I got about 35% at 7 in the morning .. with no voluntary use of the phone throught the night ..
    I did this test...battery down only about 10% overnight non-usage. (about 8hrs or so)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

akmd android

,
akmd android battery
,
akmd android process
,
akmd app
,
android akmd
,
android os battery drain
,

android os battery drain fix

,
android system ui galaxy s4 draining battery
,
android uksmd
,
galaxy s3 battery drain android os
,
nexus 5 android os battery drain
,

uksmd

,
uksmd android
,
uksmd android process
,
what is akmd on android phone
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum