Nexus One boot screen keeps rebooting after gingerbread install

This is a discussion on Nexus One boot screen keeps rebooting after gingerbread install within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Battery sucks on GB, but I'm always near a charger so it doesn't bother me too much... Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus One boot screen keeps rebooting after gingerbread install

Battery sucks on GB, but I'm always near a charger so it doesn't bother me too much...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Just want to give you guys my feed back since my opinion of gingerbread couldn't be more different from you. I have better battery life since I updated my nexus to gingerbread via OTA. My guess is that you probably have some app that don't like or isn't compatible with gingerbread. Until android 2.3 in about 2h I would drain more than 50% (50%-60%) of the battery life. Now with gingerbread in the same time approximately, the battery left is about 55%-65%. I imagine that has something to do with the darker UI in android 2.3. So I'm having trouble to believe that gingerbread is equal to more battery drain. Have you guys tried To uninstall all your apps, one by one until the problem reduces or desapear... Just a suggestion. Take care!

I also have seen improved battery life with GB .
    In fact, i had a screwed up battery life always. My battery would last not more than 4 hours with heavy phone and internet usage.

Now , I m managing to see the battery through the entire day.
    One more thing that has contributed to this is the fact that i have removed go launcher which till recently i was not aware drained battery.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

So did anyone determine if this is a hardware issue or not?

I've NEVER had problems with my N1 rebooting until after installing 2.3 (OTA, not anything fancy). Now if I use my phone while it's plugged in and charging, it restarts within a few minutes of use. I am 95% sure it has never rebooted unless it is plugged in.

I've also noticed that the phone gets very hot while charging and I'm using it - I can't remember if it did this when I was still using 2.2.

My warranty is up in less than a week, and I've seen some other threads saying that this random reboot thing is a hardware issue and needs a replacement phone - does anyone know more about this? I love my N1 and don't want a different phone, but this problem makes me very, very nervous... especially so close to warranty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links