Nexus One boot screen keeps rebooting after gingerbread install

This is a discussion on Nexus One boot screen keeps rebooting after gingerbread install within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, My Nexus One keep rebooting and it never gets into the key lock screen. I was able to reboot it successfully, but fails on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One boot screen keeps rebooting after gingerbread install

Unhappy Nexus One boot screen keeps rebooting after gingerbread install

Hi,

My Nexus One keep rebooting and it never gets into the key lock screen. I was able to reboot it successfully, but fails on the second attempt.

My guess is that the gingerbread OS is corrupted somehow?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

A wipe from bootloader will probably help, but that will wipe all your data...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

How do you do that?

I'd suggest booting it up in safe mode (holding down the track ball once you see the booting Nexus One symbol) and then going into your settings under privacy and selecting Factory data reset. Then let the Nexus One do it's thing.
    This will wipe your phone to out of the box new.

Does wiping with a factory reset lose all my data? I'm having this problem too. :/

I upgraded two nights ago. Yesterday it was completely fine (other than the stock news and weather widget not being compatible with Gingerbread - I downloaded Beautiful Widgets to fill the void). I forgot to plug it in last night so it turned off when it died... When I plugged it in this morning and went to turn it on, it started up okay. I went to play with the rest of the widget options in Beautiful Widgets when my phone randomly turned off. This happens occasionally anyway, so no biggie, right?

Now whenever I start up my phone, I get a force close message for the news and weather widget (even though I don't have it on my home page anymore!). When I select force close, the phone restarts. Even if I report the force close error, it will only work for another 30 seconds or so before it restarts.

So, long story short... does the factory reset lose my data? (Texts and whatnot)

That is a strange thing with the news widget.
    Yes, factory reset will wipe all of your texts off the phone. I use SMSBackup+ to back up my texts to my gmail account. This app has a restore function and both the restore and backing up to my email works great.

Oh, nice! Will I be able to install SMSBackup+ while in safe mode? Because I doubt my phone will stay on long enough for me to get to the market and install it if it isn't in safe mode.

And thanks for the quick reply!

And now, as if it knew I was complaining about its little freakout instability, my phone is behaving... we'll see how long that lasts.

While your phone is behaving, install the SMSBackup+ app so you are ready to go for when you wipe. Follow the instructions for enabling IMAP in your Gmail account for the backup app to work.
    Good Luck!!

Smile Complete wipe works

Thank you @danger-rat for the suggestion. The complete wipe works and my gingerbread install is still there when I rebooted it.

I have to say gingerbread is a real sucker. I left it overnight and the battery is dead the next day. Might be the notifications running in the background.

Anyone faced the same thing or it is my battery telling me "I am dying!".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links