A Funny Thing Happened to My N1 (Stock Update Related)!

This is a discussion on A Funny Thing Happened to My N1 (Stock Update Related)! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; As I mentioned yesterday, when I went back to CM 6.1.1 I received the update notice from el goog. I was at a family get-together ...

Thread: A Funny Thing Happened to My N1 (Stock Update Related)!

A Funny Thing Happened to My N1 (Stock Update Related)!

As I mentioned yesterday, when I went back to CM 6.1.1 I received the update notice from el goog. I was at a family get-together and showing the only person who gives-a-crap about this stuff how I had it sitting and waiting, but didn't want to have to wait to re-root my phone.

Anyway. I wanted him to see that it was actually the gingerbread update (this was my mistake) and tapped on the notification to bring up the menu. He then went and tapped the "update" button on my screen, which prompted me to say... "NOOOO!!!!!" lol.He then said, "you can stop the update" (He's an IT guy and figured it was like a windows upgrade). I said NO. So I then put it in airplane mode, thus stopping the update at 40% and loaded the only ROM I have on my SD card which is the March 4th version of MIUI. That's where I am now.

So now. I want to go back to CM 6.1.1. Anybody have any suggestions? If I go back will it continue the stock upgrade? Should I just go with it and wait to root it again?

Me R cornfused!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just go back to cm6.1.1 then you will continue to be prompted to receive the update but if you flash FOTAkill that will remove that notification just Google it you should be fine after that.

The problem is that it's already started downloading so won't it start back up again?

No because if you reflash the ROM it won't continue executing the task it was last time it will just start up as normal like it you never taped that update button.

duh!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links