Wifi sleep policy resets?

This is a discussion on Wifi sleep policy resets? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I've updated my Nexus One to Gingerbread and ever since, my "Wifi sleep policy" is not keeping the setting I set. I set it ...

Thread: Wifi sleep policy resets?

Wifi sleep policy resets?

Hi,

I've updated my Nexus One to Gingerbread and ever since, my "Wifi sleep policy" is not keeping the setting I set. I set it to "Never" ("when screen turns off" being the default setting) and everytime I reboot, the settings is back at it's default setting.

I wonder if anyone else was experiencing this annoying problem?

Thank you!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

My wifi setting keeps its state all the time and I never experienced wifi disconnections (even on 2.2). Do you use another app for wifi ? maybe another wifi app is conflicting ? Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    My wifi setting keeps its state all the time and I never experienced wifi disconnections (even on 2.2). Do you use another app for wifi ? maybe another wifi app is conflicting ? Just a thought
    Hello,

As far as I know, no. I've checked almost every possible culprit on my phone and there are none related to the WiFi policy.

I think I'll downgrade to Froyo and try updating to Gingerbread again.

Thank you

Where are those settings found? Can't seem to find them on my phone.

Go to Settings / Wireless & Networks / Wifi settings. Press Memu and select Advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty00 View Post
    Go to Settings / Wireless & Networks / Wifi settings. Press Memu and select Advanced.
    Thank you!

Mine is the exact opposite, i cannot get my wifi to ever sleep, it KILLS my battery! I have to manually turn the wifi off/on every time I want to use it. I am getting fed up with this mess. Gingerbread was supposed to be the shizznit. I am about to root it again.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links