Nexus one won't boot into recovery, please help

This is a discussion on Nexus one won't boot into recovery, please help within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ok, I installed a rooted version and everything seems to be ok. However, the phone thinks I'm out of space really early into me installing ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Nexus one won't boot into recovery, please help

Ok, I installed a rooted version and everything seems to be ok. However, the phone thinks I'm out of space really early into me installing apps. Any idea what could be taking up the space? I found an app2sd application, but it's no different than the one I had before when it was unrooted. Am I missing something? I would really love to move more onto the SD card. Hope this all makes sense.

Install Darktremor (avoid the beta version), and use it to move dalvik to SD. Should get you a bit more space...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

OK, do I just run this like an update.zip file?

You flash it like a zip, but then you have to enable it by booting into the system and typing a couple of commands into the terminal emulator (may need to install from the market).

Here's the thread, which also has a link to instructions...
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715940

Ok, I worked through all the directions but I don't seem to have permission to run any of the terminal commands to move and reset the cache.

I run: a2sd cachesd
    and get a series of permission denied errors. I have a superuser app that recognized some root apps like torch and shootme....

When you open terminal, type "su".
    The $ should change to #, and Superuser should ask if you want to grant permissions?

Ok, that worked and seemed to clear up about 50 mb which is nice. I still don't understand where the other 119MB are being used but it's a step in the right direction. I only ran the "ap2sd cachesd" command. I wasn't clear if the directions called for running them all or just one of them.

You've been so much help and I've learned so much! One last question if you have the time. My power button, as many, has been getting flaky. I've been using widgetlocker, but I understand there's some sort of trackball wake mod. When I looked it up, they had discontinued it except as a part of the CM-5.0.5 build. I don't want to install a whole build (really out of date too).. Do you know of any other way to get this?

You've opened up a whole world of options!

I use the trackball that is built into CM7. It seems to work for some, and not for others, but I've had no problems.

Try searching the threads here, and asking in a better thread. I'm know some of the other guys will have an app based solution.

You may also want to consider Quick Boot sad an option to restarting your phone, or booting into recovery, instead of using the power button...

Finally, with DTs a2sd, once you run any command (cachesd), it will start installing apps on your ext partition. I would run "a2sd reinstall" to move all your existing apps to the ext, so you don't have a mix of apps on sd and ext. You can also move all your apps to internal, which is now the ext partition...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links