Nexus one won't boot into recovery, please help

This is a discussion on Nexus one won't boot into recovery, please help within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; All that work and it all happened again. This morning I noticed the notification bar was kinda goofy (blinking). I rebooted the phone and when ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Nexus one won't boot into recovery, please help

All that work and it all happened again.

This morning I noticed the notification bar was kinda goofy (blinking). I rebooted the phone and when it came up, all my apps were missing again. Tried to reboot again and it's back to the cross.

I have no idea what could be causing this. I guess I'm going to try to get a new sim card. Otherwise, I don't know what to do. The phone's out of warranty.

Any insight?

Update: Phone won't power on at all now. I called HTC and they said they could actually replace it because it's been less than 3 months since I rma'd the last one for a power button issue. Hopefully this will fix everything.

The guy also suggested using this trackball thing.

I'm a bit confused. Is Cyanogen CM-7 up to date? (2.3.3) The stable version seems to be 2.1.

Sorry man, I got tied up yesterday...

I was starting to think it was a hardware issue, too...

CM7 started off as a Gingerbread build, but was initially built from a combination Froyo and the AOSP source that was dropped. It want until the official Gingerbread update came out, that the CM team were able to build around that. I think the GRI40 builds starred around nightly #7

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Ok... new phone (+ new 32 GB SD card) with clean update to Gingerbread.. seems ok so far. I haven't rooted or moved apps yet because I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for Trackball wake. The guy at the HTC repair center actually recommended it too. As I understand, it's a Cyanogen Rom? Does that mean I have to wipe my phone or can I install over top? Is there some way to just get the single mod I want? Hope you're still around!

Welcome back to the land of the living! xD

If all you want is an alternative to the power button for waking the screen, you have a few options.

CM7 has trackball wake built in, our you can take a look at this thread...
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ng-screen.html

OK, that thread pretty much covers what I've dealt with so far. I had widget locker, but it doesn't work with GB. Does flashing a custom rom overwrite my phone OS or just add features?

A custom ROM is basically an alternate OS, so you will remove your old ROM and replace with a new one. CM7 if built on 2.3.3, but with some extra stuff thrown into the mix, so it can look and behave just like your existing setup. The biggest difference you notice is probably the ADW Launcher.

To root, you will have to wipe your phone anyway, so if that is your plan you will probably want to back up as much as possible first...

OK, I understand that there won't be a stable build of something new, but how do I pick a build? There are 'nightly' builds, but I can't figure out what to pick. Is there a tutorial anywhere that explains which to pick? I'm rooting the phone and partitioning the SD card now.

I've been following some of the nightly threads, and it seems like the more common issues are related to battery (which seems to be the case with Gingerbread as a whole).

In theory, the latest should be the most complete, unless they are trying something new. My usual path is to flash the latest, and if it's working well, then I stick with it for a while. If it's funky, I flash a new version the next night, etc...

OK, I've unlocked my phone and installed RA custom recovery. Would the next step be to root it, install the darktremor apps2sd, or just flash the rom file? I'm in recovery with usb connected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links