Browser doesn't display secured pages. They are all blank

This is a discussion on Browser doesn't display secured pages. They are all blank within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey everyone I tried to find a similar thread on this forum concerning my problem, but I didn't find anything. Essentially, what happens is when ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browser doesn't display secured pages. They are all blank

Browser doesn't display secured pages. They are all blank

Hey everyone

I tried to find a similar thread on this forum concerning my problem, but I didn't find anything.

Essentially, what happens is when I try to access a certain page on the net from my Nexus One, the page seems to have loaded, but there is nothing on it - it is blank. I try to refresh, but nothing helps. I found that it happens to me mostly when I try to access a secured page

Please, if anyone knows what I am talking about, let me know how to solve it. Maybe there is a certain patch I need to download or chenge something in the settings.

Thank You.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No I don't think it would be something with settings because why would anyone want to block access to secured websites it would be a useless setting I would try clearing cache and data if I were you.

Thanks, Dude Random, I tried to clear my cache and even my browsing history and it is still the same. It is kind of weird, my gf (one of my converts from Iphone) has HTC desire and she doesn't have this problem. I tried searching the net and I can't find anything like this.

BTW did you get your Nexus unlocked to have it with FIDO ? I really hated leaving FIDO, but they had nothing to offer in terms of Android

In that case I would try downloading another browser from the market and see what you get, if I had to suggest one I would say dolphin.

And No you don't need to get it unlocked to work on fido, nexus phones are unlocked by default so your safe. The only thing though since your on videotron I would suggest using the passimg method to get videotron's ROM off your phone (weather you switch carriers or not), plus if you do that you can get gingerbread now. The only downside about it is that it will wipe your phone which could actually fix your problem.

Can you give an example of a web page that doesn't render correctly?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Just set the proxy to blank in the apn. I had the same issue.

Wireless n networks----->>>mobile network------>>>>acess point name----->>>>proxy : leave blank

Https will load afterward

Everyone with videotron had this issue with default browser and default videotron proxy setting. Blank it and youll be good to go

And yes, get off that videotron tweaked rom, youll even get a better network and call signals

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Thank You

Danger-rat, Basicaly it was any https website, the easiest example would be something like a facebook log in page

iPeck, thank you, man, I can't believe it was so simple !! It works like magic. One question though, what do you mean getting rid of the Videotron rom. Are you speaking of rooting the phone ? Would it not cancel my warranty ?
    I wouldn't want to lose it because I had a power button issue I had to bring it for an exchange. Now I have a different problem - I put in my existing google account in my new phone - it was able to get me all of my apps back, but the contacts are not syncing. If I go to settings - accounts & sync - my google account says ''sync is off' I am not able to turn the sync on. If I click on it and press settings, I'm able to chose it to sync, but it does not. Can anyone help me with that please ?

Simply replacing the 2.2 version of videotron OS (cuz its tweaked (no google updates) and weaken the signals you receive) by an official stock google 2.2. No need to root the phone or unlocking boot so its warranty safe. Simply download the stock 2.2 frg33 from shipped-roms.com (under nexus one tab (passio), rename it : update.zip, place it on your sd and reboot your in recovery (hold vol- while powering the phone) the phone will detect the file and install it. Then youll be free

Thanks, iPeck, I will definitely try it

My pleasure, if anything else, dont be shy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links