How to synch Google calendar but NOT contacts?

This is a discussion on How to synch Google calendar but NOT contacts? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have problems with Gmail contacts when synching. It add duplicates of all of them every time on the phone, for one, plus I don't ...

Thread: How to synch Google calendar but NOT contacts?

How to synch Google calendar but NOT contacts?

I have problems with Gmail contacts when synching. It add duplicates of all of them every time on the phone, for one, plus I don't like the limited fields. How can I use Google calendar but turn off synching contacts? Even if I delete all contacts on Gmail, it uploads them from the phone.

I don't use Gmail, and manage contacts on the phone from a vcf file on the SD card.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

settings/accounts and sync/ you could at this point unclick auto sync

then click on your account and uncheck what you don't want sync

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

btw

If this solved your problem I would go thru all your settings screens and check out all options on every screen to see what they do
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    btw

If this solved your problem I would go thru all your settings screens and check out all options on every screen to see what they do
    I looked through all the settings including Other Google Account settings and there was no synch or autosynch to be found.

Phone is a nexus one so maybe they assume I want to synch everything?

I am talking about your phones menu settings

Not google settings

They should be there for all nexus 1 phones

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    I am talking about your phones menu settings

Not google settings

They should be there for all nexus 1 phones
    OK, now I see.

Except Autosynch is greyed out because I unchecked background data. Even then,
    when I go to my gmail account the synch contacts, gmail and calendar only have synch icons, not checkboxes. It then starts to synch all of them with no way to synch only the calendar. If data access is disabled there are no synch icons.

I have no other accounts. Is this maybe a limitation of the first google account on the phone where it forces you to synch all?

The only workaround I've found is to delete all my Gmail contacts before synching the calendar.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links