And now its the Display?!?

This is a discussion on And now its the Display?!? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; About a few weeks ago i made a forum complaining about the 'Android OS' using up most of the battery, a few days later with ...

Thread: And now its the Display?!?

Exclamation And now its the Display?!?

About a few weeks ago i made a forum complaining about the 'Android OS' using up most of the battery, a few days later with the help of some members here it was found that there was a work around it, by changing the sleep mode of WiFi to 'Never sleep'
    Link to forum>>>

Everything went beautifully for a while, and Now its the Display!!!
    its taking up Atleast 60% of the battery constantly, and there seems to be no way to calm it down, my screen timeout is at 1min, no animations, and its on auto dim. what more can i do? i havent downloaded any new apps, no modifications, nothing.

Is there a workaround like the previous issue?
    Or am i the only one having this problem?
    Or is this just normal?
    Please Help

Nexus one
    Gingerbread

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The screen is a big battery drain. I would suggest setting the timeout to 30 seconds and try to remember to press the power button when you are done to rush that 30 second time out.
    Both of these is what I do to help with the battery life.

If only I could lower mine to 60%i would be in heaven. My display always toke >80% (the exception is when I don't turn on the screen. If I use it it will be the first in the list. I have a nexus one with android 2.3.3, but this was the same since eclair. Is getting better through the updates but never below 70% (I'm a power user)... Even with all the tricks you can find in the internet. That's just my experience, and if you read the same posts I did, where you can read users talking about over exaggerated battery times I my self have a explanation (simple one): they just have their phones in stand by all day without turning on the screen. (if I do that I can get to the 14 hour mark - using it. can't get no more than 4,5h). So don't think there is a problem with your phone because you're not alone

I would agree with the statement on the ones with exaggerated battery life. I was ill last week, spent the day in bed and my phone lasted almost a full day.

It didnt use to do this, why now?
    there has to be a reason

Question

I haven't the slightest clue why or how long it'll last but, the display battery use is back to normal. I have been taking calls, using wifi, reading (PDFs), messaging and all that at the same rate . . .
    Sooo. . . ya . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My display is @ 51%

my display is at 52% after 10h 44m on battery today.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links