Phone not connecting to data

This is a discussion on Phone not connecting to data within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; So I wake up this morning and had to go to the bank. I get everything ready, get in my car and turn my wifi ...

Thread: Phone not connecting to data

Exclamation Phone not connecting to data

So I wake up this morning and had to go to the bank. I get everything ready, get in my car and turn my wifi off for the 3g so I can listen to Pandora uninterrupted. After a couple of minutes I notice that I have no 3g and the signal bar is grey. I restart my phone. Still nothing. So I cuss at it and rip the battery out in a fit of anger. An hour later, still nothing. Irritating as balls.

Anyone know whats going on? AT&T if that helps.

EDIT: Tried my SIM card on my old phone and it still didnt connect. Showed 3G, but when I went to go to the browser to see if it works, it still said no and denied me my internet. So Im wondering if its just on AT&Ts side today? Or just my whole plan got cut off or something?

And now as my Nexus turns back on it shows I have no SIM card installed. Just checked and its in.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sounds like a signal issue to me. Not a phone issue.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Sounds like a signal issue to me. Not a phone issue.
    Thats good to hear thats its most likely not phone side. I guess Ill have to go to an AT&T store to get it looked at soon.

As I have no signal Im just imagining hundreds of people trying to text me or call me or something...

Found out what the issue was. Turns out AT&T got the check for the phone bill, but for some reason they didnt register it. So after a quick call it was back up and running. Except on my phone. No SIM card was being detected, so I switched it to my old phone to see if maybe the card was just plain dead. Nope. Nothing. Switched back to my Nexus as I can at least get some use out of it. Then for some reason something told me to turn the SIM card the other way. Turns out I had it backwards after the service was connected again.

So stupidity on AT&Ts side and a whole lot on my side... Nothing with the phone.

Att is fast on the trigger ! Shame

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links