Camera not working, other solutions?

This is a discussion on Camera not working, other solutions? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; The HTC nexus one has turned out to be junk!! The only thing worse is HTC NOT honoring their warranty as my phone is only ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Camera not working, other solutions?

HTC Nexus One Blackout cameral and dialing Crashes!

The HTC nexus one has turned out to be junk!! The only thing worse is HTC NOT honoring their warranty as my phone is only 2 months old, bought in June 2011. When trying to use either the camera or making or receiving calls the phone blacks out and one has to either pull the battery or plug in the charger!!! HTC would NOT help and even said they knew about the issue but wont honor the warranty because it was sold to me by a Canadian phone company called Videotron. And of course Videotron says they dont know what the hell HTC is talking about because HTC should honor the warranty because they ARE the manufacturer!!!! So the lesson learned here is DO NOT BUY ANY HTC PRODUCTS!!!!!
    Anyone out there know how to fix the faulty hardware inside, cause the CS rep lit it slip that the camera portion is definitely the cause and if I would have bought the PHONE from a US vendor, Then HTC would honor the warranty. I've never heard of such bullcrap! Help me if you can, thanks everyone and anyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by junktrux View Post
    The HTC nexus one has turned out to be junk!! The only thing worse is HTC NOT honoring their warranty as my phone is only 2 months old, bought in June 2011. When trying to use either the camera or making or receiving calls the phone blacks out and one has to either pull the battery or plug in the charger!!! HTC would NOT help and even said they knew about the issue but wont honor the warranty because it was sold to me by a Canadian phone company called Videotron. And of course Videotron says they dont know what the hell HTC is talking about because HTC should honor the warranty because they ARE the manufacturer!!!! So the lesson learned here is DO NOT BUY ANY HTC PRODUCTS!!!!!
    Anyone out there know how to fix the faulty hardware inside, cause the CS rep lit it slip that the camera portion is definitely the cause and if I would have bought the PHONE from a US vendor, Then HTC would honor the warranty. I've never heard of such bullcrap! Help me if you can, thanks everyone and anyone!!!
    The symptoms you describe are consistent with a bad battery. Try a new cell and if that doesn't work the next step is a full factory reset, then a warranty replacement.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder

Also I would try calling back because people have mixed experiences with htc some people love dealing with them others hate it, it depends on the rep you get.

the battery is fine and 3 hard resets were done with an Htc support person. Then the person , cust supp, said its a known hardware isssue with failed camera affecting the phone and that she would put me thru to warranties to get phone replaced. Warranties said no go. Why??? I live in Alaska, I guess US citizens dont get no love in Alaska? This is a brand new HTC phone and they flat out said no to fixing it!!! I looked on other forums and lots of other people have same problem and HTC strategy is dare customers to sue them over warranty because lots of Nexus ones break down.

say dude random, i see you did some root and reflash and other stuff? something wrong with your phone, or did you just want to upgrade to higher OS? any chance the whole redo like you did might help me??
    by the by, htc cust supp were nice,but warranties dept trained to repeat over and over they arent going to help, that it's not Htc's problem.

Not sure I understand what you mean but I did root and start flashing ROMs it was just to improve the OS and have some fun in the process it wasn't because anything was broken why??

Now it's possible that wiping the phone and reflashing might help and either way if you send it to htc they will do this by default when you send it in so I would try the passimg method to reflash stock if that doesn't work then flashing a custom ROM probably won't either. For instructions check this out http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post98568

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by junktrux View Post
    :nexusx: i have the exsact problem did you find something to fix the problem !!!!

Hello,

I am new to the forum & have been using nexus one for almost 10 months now.I bought it in US & as usual I did not get any company warranty..I have found the same camera problem where camera application does not respond & forces me to close it.Also I tried running droid light application but it also failed.I tired clearing cache under sdcard/android/data/com.coolliris.media but it did not help.

Does someone got some resolution for this problem !!Please help me I love this phone very much. I do have Samsung S2 but still one is my favourite & I do not want to discard this one...

Hello, Did you get any solution to the camera issue on your Nexus one?

Nobody found a solution??? :suicide:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links