Battery completely drained, won't recharge

This is a discussion on Battery completely drained, won't recharge within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ok, so I've managed to completely drain the battery on Saturday and plugging the phone into the USB wall charger doesn't do anything. I tried ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery completely drained, won't recharge

Battery completely drained, won't recharge

Ok, so I've managed to completely drain the battery on Saturday and plugging the phone into the USB wall charger doesn't do anything. I tried again by plugging into the computer via USB and still nothing.

I've noticed a similar issue once before: the phone died (but still had some charge in the battery), and when i plugged the charger in, nothing. So I started the phone up (for the 30 or so secs it takes to load the screen) and when the phone got to the unlock screen, the orange charge light also came on. This is obviously not happening now.

I've already ordered an extra battery as well as an external charger. Any other suggestions on how I might be able to get the phone started?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Plug it into wall with AC charger without the battery in phone--may get green/orange flickering lights. Leave it like that 15 minutes or so, then put battery back in and charge with phone powered off. Let it go overnight or at least several hours.

Also, did you try to boot into recovery with pressing vol-, pwr button, trackball all at same time and see if that works. Would eliminate battery as issue.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I'll try those methods. Thanks Ken!

Good Luck

You can also do some Googling and maybe find other ideas
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Awesome I'm having the same issues,what happiness after we boot into recovery?just reboot?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

what I'm wondering is that if the battery is completely drained the boot recovery method isn't going to work, is it?

i'll have to try this when I get home in a few hours.

It is just to see if it is the battery.

Calling it a night.

Good luck.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Ok well I want to know two things:

One what version of android were you running when this happened to you?

Two when you plug in the charger does the light flicker or not?

The first time I encountered a similar problem, I was on 2.2.x. I again encountered in on 2.3.x (sorry, I can't remember what the latest builds were). Both times I was able to do what I described above and the phone started charging.

This most recent time, I think the battery completely drained out and it won't take a charge at all... i've tried everything from taking out the battery, sim and sd card out (not sure why the last two items would make a difference, but whatever) out and reseating them, to pluggin in without a battery, to casting voodoo spells, and nada...no charge light. not even a flicker.

Ok well do you see my sig (line 5; 2-25-2011) well I had the same symptoms as you and I was running cm7 which is a moded version of 2.3.3 (encase your not familiar with custom ROMs) so unfortunately I think you may have to send it to htc sorry man... But if you want you can check out this thread this is what happened to me http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...it%27s+bricked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links