N1 hardware problem - no service or sound

This is a discussion on N1 hardware problem - no service or sound within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi everyone. My nexus one was damaged in an accident and I originally thought (hoped) the only damaged was a cracked led screen. I purchased ...

Thread: N1 hardware problem - no service or sound

N1 hardware problem - no service or sound

Hi everyone. My nexus one was damaged in an accident and I originally thought (hoped) the only damaged was a cracked led screen. I purchased a new screen and installed it and the screen+touch input is all working fine.

I have now found another issue with the phone which I assume is also hardware since it was working before the accident. The phone does not get any service, so I cannot make calls or use mobile internet. When I search for a network is just says the phone has no service.

Another issue which may or may not be related is that I cannot get any sound out of the phone. When I play audio nothing comes out. This is the same both for the loud speaker and when I plug in headphones. I tried to test the inbuilt earphone by using skype, but I also couldn't hear anything.

With this in mind, what I am asking is what do you guys think it is? Are there any connection or components which are known for causing these issues? Most importantly, is it easy to fix? I am thinking no

Could these two problems be related? I have completely disassembled and reassembled the phone again to check for loose connections but it did not make a difference. Also here is a list of things which do work, in case it gives any clues to where the problem might be:

Things that I checked do work:
    * LCD screen
    * Touch screen input
    * Wifi
    * LED flash
    * GPS
    * Vibrate
    * All buttons (both physical and capacitive)

Thanks in advance

Marc

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Also, I should note that the sim card works in another phone, and when I plug the sim into the N1 it does detect it (it knows it's a virgin mobile sim).

Marc

Ok well then I think your radio is damaged.

As far as the no sound goes I'm not a pro at all the electrical stuff but I would think a chip that processes the audio is damaged some where put then again it is possible that the headphone jack and the speaker are damaged.

Is the radio located on the main large pcb at the bottom of the phone, or on the smaller pcb located at the top of the phone?

I noticed the smaller pcbs can be purchased off the net for about $50.

Cheers

Like I said before I'm no expert in the electronic components of the phone so I can't really help you :/ but I don't know if that is where you get your stuff but I would check out ifix it cause they have a take down tutorial for like everything.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links