From 2.3.4 to CM7.... lost 3G network ?

This is a discussion on From 2.3.4 to CM7.... lost 3G network ? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; (this is solved.... lol) hi there folks, simply as is in the title.... i just went over CM7 website to get my phone flashed... i ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From 2.3.4 to CM7.... lost 3G network ?

Question From 2.3.4 to CM7.... lost 3G network ?

(this is solved.... lol)

hi there folks, simply as is in the title....

i just went over CM7 website to get my phone flashed... i followed the wiki procedure with amon_Ra and installed a recovery of CM7 stable.

then after, i reboot, get to the nice menus and all the goodies... yeay =)

the thing is i don't have 3g access anymore.... what has happened ?

(btw, i entered my APN information back (i'm with videotron) and in Network operator i see Videotron and Partner....)

PS: i didnt flash the baseband because videotron already has the 5.08.00.04

what kind of noob mistake have i done ?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not a noob mistake at all I'm actually not sure what went wrong with this because the 3G should be fine after flashing a ROM but I would try reflashing the ROM because this seams like a strange problem although it may not be your phone it may be your provider because this happened before (like what yesterday) to another forum member and in the end it was the carrier.

But if you want to you can always passimg back to stock then if that doesn't fix it, it's probably the carrier.

well i work in a dep and a friend has the exact same devices, the exact same carrier, and he had CM7 installed... so i went to give it a try... ill flash another copy of CM7 ill try the night build this time...

would you recommend amon_ra or clockworkmod for future tweaking ?

I would always recommend Amon-RA much better and if you were using clockwork mod 3.x then that might have been the problem because those are not very good the best IMHO is Amon-RA followed by clockwork mod 2.5.1.4.

so here it is, i kept using Amon_ra,

- i wiped all data
    - flashed the exact same firmware (CM7.0.3) and the Gapps from march 2011
    - i go to Mobile Network Settings, i see Videotron and Partner (Autochoose)
    - Data Enabled
    - APN -> Add -> Comment flasher une ROM sur un Nexus One I used those APN informations
    thanks to Gravufo and IPeck for those REALLY useful infos :P
    (though there are some difference in the fields, like the lack of HTTP:// for Gravufo tuto...)

what would you suggest from now ?

here is some Phone Information:

my phone number (1-438-**7-6**9)
    network (videotron)
    signal strengh (-100~)db
    mobile type (UMTS)
    service (in service)
    mobile network state (disconnected)

(edit: when i get resume from screen lock it correctly displays Videotron (with the french accent) so i expect it kinda works... also i have signal but it wont show the 3g icon..)

(edit2: sorry i havent though of it before, but thanks for fast reply, i appreciate =) )

Ok well first off not a good idea to put your number on the web I would edit that out

Now this is really getting me stumped :/ seriously I think the best thing to do would be to passimg back to frg33 then go from there and see if you get the 3G signal (with the correct APNs of coarse) the after that go through all the rooting and stuff and see if you lose it again (doubtful but possible).

And your welcome for the quick replys even if this one was a little slow (sorry was finishing to watch google IO )

Forgot to mention if you don't know how to passimg this is how

Passimg method
    1. download the file from this link [ROM] Passion_Google_WWE_2.16.1700.1_FRG33_MFG_Shipment_ ROM - xda-developers

2. rename that file passimg.zip

3. place that file on the root of your SD card (not in any folders)

4. turn off you phone and reboot into bootloader by holding down the volume down key at the same time as power button.

5. you should wait a second for the SD card to mount then you will be prompted to flash the passimg file accept and wait for the file to flash.

6. after that you should be all good just reboot and reinstall everything.

i followed from 1 to 4 with no problem....

but when i go into recovery... i pop up in Amon_ra... i use the passimg as i wouldve flash CM7 right ? (i did this and it said zip isnt signed correctly)

well, now im stuck in amon_RA with a passimg that wont pass, and im trying to revert to froyo with Gravufo Tutorials....

No a passimg file is a little bit different you need to just boot into bootloader, wait for the prompt, except the prompt and it will do the rest. The only thing is when if it doesn't prompt you and you are on windows then you need to rename the file passimg because the extension is not mentioned so you would be naming the files passimg.zip.zip

i am running Ubuntu/Linux btw....

so i rename the file to PASSIMG.zip
    go into the HBOOT
    it does analyze the file with a status bar.... then checking PASSIMG.zip
    then gets back to HBOOT

i get no prompt....???

(just to be sure... by bootloader you mean HBOOT ?)

im getting anxious now... =/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links