is data really gone after hard reset?

This is a discussion on is data really gone after hard reset? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; this is gonna sound like a typical noob move i guess, my nexus one was acting kinda buggy a few days back, locking up-freezing just ...

Thread: is data really gone after hard reset?

is data really gone after hard reset?

this is gonna sound like a typical noob move i guess, my nexus one was acting kinda buggy a few days back, locking up-freezing just acting absolutely crazy, so a friend of mine suggested i do a hard reset to try and fix whatever was bugging the phone....well without thinking and clearly not understanding what a hard reset would do, i performed a hard reset and NOW Ive realized that all the data i had on my phone( pictures, stored emails,) are all gone. so my question is, are they really gone forever? or is there some way for me to retrieve them(i hope so).....i really want to choke this friend although he was just trying to help but i had some personal and business stuff in there and now it seems as im screwed,....any help would GREATLY be appreciated.....btw the phone is not rooted.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hard reset should wipe the phone but not the SD. Your pics should still be on the SD (in the DCIM folder). Your Gmail and contacts are stored on the cloud, so they should be OK, also...

ok...awesome i found the pics....but i dont follow on the contacts...what is a cloud?

That's the term used when your data is stored on a remote server (up in the sky).

Just add your Gmail account, make sure it's set to sync, and everything should come back...

ok thanks....................

I would advise, if you don't already, backing up your sd card to pc and getting MyBackUp Pro from Market. These two items are as close as you can get to saving data etc without being rooted and have the ability to do full image phone backup and use Titanium Backup for apps.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

There's also some cool apps for syncing your text messages to your Gmail account, so you don't lose them...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links