Unable to Send/Download MMS

This is a discussion on Unable to Send/Download MMS within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi there... So I'm having issues sending and receiving pictures on my Nexus One with CyanogenMod 7.0.0. Up until a few weeks ago I had ...

Thread: Unable to Send/Download MMS

Unhappy Unable to Send/Download MMS

Hi there...

So I'm having issues sending and receiving pictures on my Nexus One with CyanogenMod 7.0.0. Up until a few weeks ago I had no problems, but now...hmm...

I've did some research before I posted this, trying several different supposed fixes to the problem, but no luck.

The problem is, whenever I try and send someone a MMS (including myself), it won't send. Just gets stuck at "sending", and the recipient never gets it. Also, when someone sends me a MMS, it will show up in my messages (I'm using the default messaging app, btw), but only as a "no subject" message with a download button. When I hit the download button, it will show "downloading", but it will never finish. In fact, as soon as I pull up the keyboard or rotate the phone, the "downloading" message disappears and the download button reappears as if I had never pressed it. Any ideas?

Before you ask:

1. Yes I have a data plan (unlimited with T-Mobile) and it is enabled. So is actual data connection on the phone (Right now I have a 3g connection).
    2. Yes I have tried other messaging apps (neither handcent or chomp worked).
    3. Tried the method where you send a pic to yourself in order to "wake up the system". That didn't work, as obviously I can't send MMS either.
    4. Tried the fix where you send a pic to 222 a.k.a. your "albums" folder on the T-Mobile website. Didn't work...still stuck on sending.
    5. Tried taking out the battery and sim card and restarting to "fix a bad data connection". Still no luck.
    6. It's not the "re-sizing" bug thats at play here, as all images that are trying to be sent/received are well under 300. The one I tried to send myself was only 75.
    7. Tried fixing permissions thru terminal emulator...still no dice.

Now, here's where it gets interesting.

8. Checked the APN settings. I see 2 options: 1 labeled "Simple", and one labeled "T-Mobile US". Originally, it was set on "Simple", which had the following settings:
    Name: Simple
    APN: simpleextendedcontrols
    Proxy: 216.155.165.050
    Port: 8080
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http://smpl.mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050
    MMS Port: 8080
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    Auth Type: not set
    APN Type: default,supl,mmsextendedcontrols
    I have no idea where this APN came from, though I assume it was included with the CM 7.0.0 stable release? At any rate, I switched it to this:
    Name: T-Mobile US
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: none
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: not set
    MMS Port: not set
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    Auth Type: not set
    APN type: default,supl,mmsextendedcontrols
    Alas, this APN gave me no better results. Still cannot send/receive MMS.

So, right now I'm out of options here. I've tried everything I know to get the damn thing working again without any luck. My question to you guys is this: Anyone know of another method to get MMS working again? Or is anyone else having a similar problem?

Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks. Just so you know, if any of you are members over at CM's forum, I posted this over there as well. Reason being I'm not sure if this is a Nexus issue or a CM issue, so I'm hoping to get insight from multiple experts.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try changing the custom user agent in the messaging settings...

Ah, Danger-Rat...always there to help me solve my problems.

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Try changing the custom user agent in the messaging settings...
    So...what should I change it to? Right now it's set on Custom.. (Android-Mms/2.0). Maybe "Default Android"?

Funily enough, a lot of people seem to have success with the Blackberry setting. If that doesn't work, just try some of the others...

Sent from my phiremod for Nook using Tapatalk

No luck with any of them. Still having the same issues.

Unknown... I'd normally suggest deleting data from the app, but since you're having the same problem with different apps that probably isn't the issue. I'm inclined to think that it's you apn. Your second apn is the same as mine, so that probably is the right one...

If you have an older nandroid, it may be worth restoring it, writing down the apn settings, and adding them to your current ROM?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Unknown... I'd normally suggest deleting data from the app, but since you're having the same problem with different apps that probably isn't the issue. I'm inclined to think that it's you apn. Your second apn is the same as mine, so that probably is the right one...

If you have an older nandroid, it may be worth restoring it, writing down the apn settings, and adding them to your current ROM?
    Alas, I don't have any older nandroids anymore. This version of CM has been so stable I didn't think I needed to clutter up my SD card's memory with them anymore, so I deleted them about a month ago.

I was really hoping to avoid doing this, but the only thing I know to do now is a clean-wipe and install of the latest version of CM 7.0.3. I've got quite a few mods and custom kernels installed, so I guess I'm going to have to re-flash all of them as well. Gaaaaahhhh...this sucks :mad:. Damn MMS was working fine 3 weeks ago. I haven't made any major changes since then to cause it to fail...just normal market updates.

Which updates, because my money says it was one of them...

Make a Titanium backup, then uninstall your latest 10 apps, reboot, and see if it helps...

Problem solved upon flashing newly released Cyanogenmod 7.1-RC1. Unfortunately, now my links2sd won't work no matter what I do. But that will be posted in a new thread.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links