OMG! My phone keeps rebooting since I tried to root.

This is a discussion on OMG! My phone keeps rebooting since I tried to root. within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; OMG! Now I am travelling in Vietnam. Since Vietnam censors Facebook, the only way I could access to FB is by rooting my phone and ...

Thread: OMG! My phone keeps rebooting since I tried to root.

OMG! My phone keeps rebooting since I tried to root.

OMG!

Now I am travelling in Vietnam. Since Vietnam censors Facebook, the only way I could access to FB is by rooting my phone and using VPN or other detouring apps.

Today, I tried to root my phone but at the very last moment, on my computer screen, it says "Failed...too many links."
    And, then it keeps rebooting when I connect to my computer through USB.
    Weirdly, I cannot turn on my phone if I disconnect it from the computer.

I followed this "ROOTING INSTRUCTION" : How to unlock the bootloader on your Nexus One - Android @ MoDaCo

Damn... it didn't work!

My phone's OS was UP-TO-DATE (Ver 2.3.4 gingerbread).

What shall I do? I have to use my phone... Here is now 1 am....

Please help me...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You followed a guide from January 2010?

See if you can follow the restore guide here...
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post98568

thanks... It's weird though. It said "Failed" and my phone kept rebooting for a couple of hours. After numerous attempts to go in to the recovery, I could make it. It looks like my phone has been "ROOTED" and "Unlocked (it was by default since I bought my phone directly from Google store more than a year ago).
    I now successfully installed CM7 ROM for Nexus one in fact. But, I am fail to install GOOGLE APPS since I am out of the States at the moment.
    Can you imagine, having a nexus one without "GMAIL" app? Damn....

I also found out a disturbing matter while I was trying to root and unlock my nexus 1. Although my phone is rooted and unlocked, I can not install Clockworkmod recovery. Only RA recovery worked out on my nexus one. It's weird too but not a big deal.

Anyway, now I am trying to figure out how to install GOOGLE APPS which GOOGLE itself certainly blocked anyone outside of U.S.
    (heard of "My Market" app which enables free market access but I haven't tried it yet.)

Once again. Thank you so much!

Best wishes, Kinhvanhoa

Don't confuse SIM-unlocked with bootloader-unlocked. These are two very separate things. All Nexus phones come SIM-unlocked, which means you can use any SIM card. The bootloader is locked by default on all Nexus devices, so even though you got yours from Google (like me), your bootloader was locked...

If you want to install Clockworkmod recovery, you may just have to try a few times. Sometimes, recoveries just don't like to stick. Persistence seems to be the solution. I recommend staying away from Clockwork 3.x...

You can find Gapps on the xda site, or you can extract them from one of the ROMs available there. I have my own custom built gapps, so I don't know the links to any of the latest - though I'm one of the others on here will be more helpful...

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Thank you so much! It's really nice of you all. I finally installed Google Apps by "Market Enabler" app. "My Market" app doesn't work out indeed.
    Once I set my service provider as T-Mobile, which is in fact my wireless provider in the U.S., I could search all Google apps in Android Market and install them on my phone.

** Slice... : The Google App Flash Rom, provided by CM, isn't working if one is out of the States (or possibly some European countries).

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links