why am i still on 2.2.1?

This is a discussion on why am i still on 2.2.1? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Seems like everyone is on gingerbread but I'm still on 2.2.1 . Any ideas what's goin on?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why am i still on 2.2.1?

why am i still on 2.2.1?

Seems like everyone is on gingerbread but I'm still on 2.2.1 . Any ideas what's goin on?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wich carrier are you on ? Maybe you have a tweaked rom and carrier is to release the update... code to force check the update is : *#*#checkin#*#* (input in dialer)

Or you can just download and flash the update yourself easy

*Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Hi, I'm on T-Mobile sim only with an unlocked n 1. Someone did say my network might be stopping the updates but then I have wifi at home.
    I mean everything works fine on2.2.1 so I Dont want to do anything to mess it up which is why I wait for the automatic updates. I'm not even sure what the updates actually improve and if I need them.
    but it does seem odd that everyone else has at least 2.2.2
    Thanks
    Stephen

I just dialed *#*# and it said connection problem or invalid code.

Oops I understand know-how I input *#*#2432546#*#*. Though of course that's not changed anything get-out maybe I have to wait. And while I wait I can check if I actually want to have gingerbread!
    Stephen

Where did you buy your phone?

Nexus One, still on 2.2.1

Hey folks,
    I have a Nexus One, which I brought second-hand, and SIM free.

I have registered it on the Three network in the UK.

How to I get the OTA for Gingerbread? I have tried Checking-in, checking for system updates, applying an update.zip (which was not recognised)... but not luck.

If it is that Google are the ones who control and distribute Android (to SIM-free, stock android), how can I get support from them?

Or where can I down load the stock 2.3 for the Nexus One (there seem to be lots of dodgy "update.zip" files - does Google have an official download? Github? couldn't find it).

thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by ryand View Post
    Hey folks,

How to I get the OTA for Gingerbread? I have tried Checking-in, checking for system updates, applying an update.zip (which was not recognised)... but not luck.

If it is that Google are the ones who control and distribute Android (to SIM-free, stock android), how can I get support from them?

Or where can I down load the stock 2.3 for the Nexus One (there seem to be lots of dodgy "update.zip" files - does Google have an official download? Github? couldn't find it).

thanks all.
    Well I'm going to suppose that the guy who had it before you got it from videotron or vodafone which means you have one of their modded ROMs to be sure go to settings -> about phone -> build number if it has something long strange and complicated then it's from one of them if it's 5-6 characters long then it's stock.

Now to get to stock you will need to use the passimg method you can find instructions in this thread under restoring to factory settings http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...t=nexus+oracle

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryand View Post
    Hey folks,

thanks all.
    Well I'm going to suppose that the guy who had it before you got it from videotron or vodafone which means you have one of their modded ROMs to be sure go to settings -> about phone -> build number if it has something long strange and complicated then it's from one of them if it's 5-6 characters long then it's stock.

Now to get to stock you will need to use the passimg method you can find instructions in this thread under restoring to factory settings http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...t=nexus+oracle
    Many thanks DR.
    I was on a stock android, 2.2.1 (FR85D, from memory). I down-graded to 2.2 using the PASSIMG method as you suggested. As soon as the phone rebooted, there was a notification to say that 2.3.4 was available and the download started.

Sweet! From complete frustation (and trying numerous ROMs, and the update.zip method with integrity errors), to an easy 2.3.4 upgrade experience.

Thank you again.

Now problem enjoy your new phone and if you ever need more help just ask

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links