wifi notification on but no connection!!!

This is a discussion on wifi notification on but no connection!!! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; i flashed 3-4 roms today and all of them can find the router and connect using my wep keys but when i try to browse ...

Thread: wifi notification on but no connection!!!

wifi notification on but no connection!!!

i flashed 3-4 roms today and all of them can find the router and connect using my wep keys but when i try to browse from phone it says no sonnection,even the market.

please help!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did it work before you flashed 4 roms in one day?

What roms?

Make sure under your wifi settings/Menu/Advanced--Wifi Sleep policy is set to Never

You may have messed something up with all those different roms--

This is a catch all for having issues--not all needs done every time, but this has served me well over hundreds of flashed roms. You may only need the Wipe instructions addressed and a clean install.

1. Reformat SD Card outside of phone with sdformatter (bu card first and Nandroid)--Format=full erase on and format size adjustment on

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28338566/For...tter%202.0.mht

2. Partition as ext3, 1.5gb

3. Restore SD Card data

4. Wipe the phone using Temasek's Format-System-Only zip 3X, and then wipe all data and caches 5X, including battery and rotate settings once each

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3844&page=1767

6. Flash the zip and if the X hangs more than 15 minutes on reboot--pull battery and repwr on

7. If you get it working and set up, I like MyBackUp Pro to save my Home Screens for future restores

8. If it doesn't, your phones bad blocks are prohibiting this rom from working, sometimes a different kernal can help

Your issue may be, one or several roms messed with wifi. I would at least do the System wipe with Dalvik Cache as mentioned. Second link. Your system is not wiped with Amon_Ra. Clockwork has a System wipe. Just don't use Clockwork 3.+

Wipe each several times with this method before flashing any rom that is not just an update. Doing just caches is not enough.

Nandroid first!!!!!!!!
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

hello there,

i just discovered today that i can connect perfect on any other wifi besides mine at home.

i googles and resulted that the phone once it optains an ip address it saves it and thats the reason it doesnt connect from my home wifi.

i do not have static ip due to the fact that my net provider is wiring me up through remote server.

so how to i clear the saved ip address so it can optain a new one??

i tried everything=forget-connect, router setting wireless(wep,wpa2........etc...security changes but nothing).

i have a tp-link wl740 router.

is there any recomments how to clear the saved ip from nexus one?

Not sure, but if you do the System wipe, that may do it. Means reflashing.
    Someone else may know.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

You don't have a static address. If you did, you would only be able to connect to one router, which isn't the case here.

Try rebooting your router, and if that doesn't help, try changing the number of wifi channels on your phone through the advanced wifi settings...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links