MP3 Stuttering

This is a discussion on MP3 Stuttering within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi all, lately I've been having some problems with the MP3 playback on my phone (Nexus One). For some reason, the playback of mp3's is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP3 Stuttering

Question MP3 Stuttering

Hi all, lately I've been having some problems with the MP3 playback on my phone (Nexus One).

For some reason, the playback of mp3's is stuttering, similarly to how a cd player would skip if you shake it while it's playing.

I've had the same mp3's on my phone for months and I didn't use to have that problem (playback used to be perfect). I have about 2 gigs free on my 4gig SD card (it's the one that came with the phone).

Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

I use Google Music, and come to think of it, the problem may have started since the last update of that app. Besides the installation of various little apps, nothing changed on the phone lately.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

How about checkin your internal memory (might be low) and clearing the app cache ?

*Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Well, according to the app manager, I have 114MB used and 83MB free.

I use TaskKiller regularly to kill the apps that I don't use and most of my apps were moved to the SD card.

I had a look at most of my apps, and most don't have a cache and those that do is only a few KB.

Well, first off, I would say stop using a task killer...
    Android PSA: Stop Using Task Killer Apps

I'm assuming the mp3s are stored locally, and not streaming via Google music?

I'm kinda anal and like closing stuff that I know I don't use, that's why I use Task Killer. So unless it negatively affects the phone or its performance, I don't think I'll uninstall or stop using it

Your assumption would be correct, they are stored on the SD card.

*edit* I thought that I should mention that I don't use the task killers auto-kill feature, I like to be in control

It's kinda non-productive using the task killer - if android has something running, then it thinks it needs it running and so it will only restart it (using more battery and resources than if you just left it). Still, i doubt that is the issue...

First, I'd try a different player, and see if this is specific to Google Music.
    I would next check the health of your SD card with an app from the Market.

Time for bed, but I'll give it a shot tomorrow!

It doesn't sound like you're rooted but if you are, do you use SetCPU? Check that you aren't throttling the CPU too much.

No, I'm not rooted.

I think that I found my problem, but I don't know why it's occurring now and wasn't before. I listen to my music via Bluetooth headphones and if I put my phone in my pocket, that's when the stuttering starts; if I hold it in my hand, there's no stuttering.

And no, I don't wear Faraday cage pants, nor do I wear shiny MC Hammer pants.

Maybe it's not the pants maybe it's your leg have you tried turning your phone the other way in your pocket (i.e. if you usually put it screen facing out put it screen facing your leg).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links