CM 7.1 and Link2SD...

This is a discussion on CM 7.1 and Link2SD... within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; So, today I went and installed the latest version of CyanogenMod, 7.1.0-RC1, on my Nexus One. I did a 100% clean wipe, formatting the System, ...

Thread: CM 7.1 and Link2SD...

Unhappy CM 7.1 and Link2SD...

So, today I went and installed the latest version of CyanogenMod, 7.1.0-RC1, on my Nexus One. I did a 100% clean wipe, formatting the System, Data, Cache and Sd-Ext. After installing CM and Gapps without a glitch, I then proceeded to install Link2Sd 1.6 from the marketplace before installing anything else. On CM 7.0.0 with a 1gb ext3 SD partition, Link2Sd worked like a charm. Never had any issues with it whatsoever. I actually switched to it after having so many issues with DTAPPS (kept running out of space). On this new version of CM, however, Link2Sd doesn't seem to work no matter what I do. Here are some of the things I've tried thus far:

1. Wiping the entire SD card and creating a new partition with MiniTool Partition Wizard in the following formats:
    ext2
    ext3
    ext4
    FAT32
    Each came back with a mount-script-creation error in Link2Sd, the exts' being "device/resource is busy" and FAT32's being "I/O error".

2. After getting these errors, I tried rebooting numerous times. No joy.
    3. Also tried "fix permissions" in ClockworkMod. No joy.
    4. Tried mounting "data/sdext2/" and "sd-ext" in Root Explorer as RW. Still no joy.
    5. Tried mounting Sd-Ext in ClockworkMod. No joy.

This is getting to be pretty annoying. Has anyone else had any similar issues with Link2sd?

Any input is appreciated. I've been searching all over XDA and other forums for the past 9 hours and have gotten absolutely nowhere. Right now I'm at a complete loss.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

ISSUE RESOLVED.

Sort of.

Did clean wipe of everything (except boot, of course) using Amon Ra.
    Downgraded back to CM 7.0.3 (using Amon Ra)
    Flashed DTAPPS
    a2sd cachesdreset
    a2sd install
    Installed Link2SD
    mount -o /data/sdext2
    Set partition type in Link2sd to ext2 (which is very odd considering I know I partitioned a ext3 filesystem in Amon Ra...but whatever)
    Reboot
    Link2Sd works perfect

Now I gotta figure out how to make DTAPPS go away. I've heard it's counterproductive to have them both on there. We'll see.

Would you be Bling_Digity?

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Would you be Bling_Digity?
    Bling_Diggity I be. However did you guess?

Identical post on another forum...?

OK, so I have found a better workaround method that, unlike the dtapps+link2sd method above, actually works 100% of the time.

This method was *mostly* borrowed from icecreamisdrugs a2ext mod how-to thread over at XDA: LINK. It worked without a snag for me, though it was a bit tricky.

1. Titanium Backup all your apps/settings/whatever.
    2. Plug in phone to PC (mass storage) or turn off phone, take out SD and plug into PC card reader (faster file transfer method on my HP Laptop).
    3. Download a2ext-installer file HERE. It may take more than one attempt to download...the first time the download page wouldn't load for me.
    4. Place the a2ext-installer zip on your SD card, as well as a copy of CM 7+ (7.1.0 HERE) and the latest copy of Gapps (20110613 HERE).
    5. Unmount SD card from your PC (and put back in your N1 if you used card-reader).
    6. Reboot to Recovery. I used ClockworkMod 2.5, have had waaaay to many issues with 3.0, and I don't care how many time Rom Manager nags me thats the way it's going to stay.
    7. NANDROID BACKUP
    8. Wipe everything - Cache, Data, SD-Ext and System.
    9. Flash CyanogenMod 7+
    10. Flash Gapps
    11. Flash a2ext-installer
    12. Reboot into CM7+. May reboot on the X screen a few times. Mine did twice before it kicked over to the CM7 logo.
    13. While you may notice Simple2ext came with the a2ext installer package, it is not needed and you may delete it. It was originally included to perform functions which Link2sd could not, but now Link can do everything Simple can and more.
    14. Update Link2SD from the marketplace (should be version 1.6.x or greater).
    15. Load up Link2sd, click options, auto-link apps.

Tada! Now all your apps (and their respective dex and lib files) should be auto-linked to the SD-EXT partition, regardless of whether you re-install them from the market or restore them with Titanium Backup.

Only took me about 24 hours of complete FAIL to figure this method out, lol.

NOTE: You may want to turn OFF auto-linking when installing/updating some system apps.

Lol...so what you're saying is...my glaringly obvious avatar didn't give it away? Man. In that case I guess I gotta find something more blingy.

Be careful. This method actually repositions your internal memory, so you can only use on CM and CM based ROMs, and more importantly, you need to restore your partitions before you can switch to another ROM.

I screwed up with this, and it took me a full day to recover...

Quote Originally Posted by mwhit42 View Post
    Lol...so what you're saying is...my glaringly obvious avatar didn't give it away? Man. In that case I guess I gotta find something more blingy.
    Your avatar is smaller than my little finger nail, when viewed on my phone... xD

Be careful. This method actually repositions your internal memory, so you can only use on CM and CM based ROMs, and more importantly, you need to restore your partitions before you can switch to another ROM.

I screwed up with this, and it took me a full day to recover...

Right, sorry I guess I should have put a note in that it only works with CM. The original thread by icecreamisdrugs was more or less about getting a working apps2ext on one of the earlier versions of CM7, which up until that point hadn't been done very easily. It wasn't ever meant for any other ROMs. It probably wasn't meant to be used for 7.1 either, but it still works nonetheless.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links