Rooted phone OS Update Failure

This is a discussion on Rooted phone OS Update Failure within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; If you are flashing a new rom like passimg you should clear data and caches and system several times. Make sure you have backup. What ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rooted phone OS Update Failure

If you are flashing a new rom like passimg you should clear data and caches and system several times. Make sure you have backup.

What recovery do you have--that error is usually turning sig off
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Don't have any added recovery or mod program. This all started because I wanted to do mods, downloaded ROM Manager (which might be on my phone if I could get into it) but it said I needed to be unlocked and rooted. So off we went...
    Essentially I think we gotta figure it is simply a stock N1 coming from 2.3.4.
    I don't think it is a bad file as I have downloaded the new and old versions and get the same error.
    So the question is, unless I try wiping data and cache, how to turn off sig verification on a stock phone?

Okay. I'll wipe the data. That's what I needed to know. Just needed permission! :-)
    Thanks,
    Leo

Oh, as to back up. I assume all cloud stuff doesn't even know I'm having this trouble and will show up again once I get to a stable system. I backed up SD card and apps before starting on this adventure. I'm doing this on a different SD card from the one I use in my phone when it is working.
    Am I missing anything?

NO, the "cloud" stuff like google will repopulate when you sign back in

I like MyBackUp Pro for none rooted phone backup or if rooted--Titanuium BU and doing a full image bu called a nandroid
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Okay, did wipe. Now have:
    --Wiping data...
    Formatting /data...
    Formatting /cache...
    Data wipe complete.
    --Install /sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted

Now you did say "several times, and that was only once. So I'll do it a few times and try again. Dare I "wipe cache partition" as well as "wipe data/factory reset"??

yes, wipe caches and SYSTEM--you never said what recovery you are using

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Don't have any added recovery or mod program. This all started because I wanted to do mods, downloaded ROM Manager (which might be on my phone if I could get into it) but it said I needed to be unlocked and rooted. So off we went...
    Essentially I think we gotta figure it is simply a stock N1 coming from 2.3.4.

So, using the stock recovery, I only seem to have the wiping data, cache (factory reset), and cache partition. I've done them several times. It there something else to wipe that I'm not getting to?

I found, I think on the same screen that has the recovery option, an option to delete all user data (or something like that) that I hadn't done. So I did that, the went into recovery and did the two wipes there, tried reinstalling passimg, got the same error.

I think it may be time to try a different file. This came from the forum links and others have reported success with it. But maybe with all my back and forth I corrupted it somehow.

Leo

I think that's it for stock. I have been rooted for 15 months so not familiar with all options. There is a zip you can get from the XDA forum called Temasek's System Wipe--I have link. But, not sure if you can flash it on stock. Maybe someone can chime in more familiar with stock phones. I wouldn't know why not, just not sure.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links