Rooted phone OS Update Failure

This is a discussion on Rooted phone OS Update Failure within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; yes, re-download zip and check md5 if you can--probably can't at this point...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rooted phone OS Update Failure

yes, re-download zip and check md5 if you can--probably can't at this point
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

How about this:
    ClockworkMod Recovery

1. Download the latest version of the ClockworkMod Recovery:
    2. Boot into bootloader mode by holding down the trackball while turning the device on. You should see a white screen with three skating androids.
    3. Connect the Nexus One to the computer via USB.
    4. On the computer, open terminal and run: fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-passion.img
    5. The ClockworkMod Recovery should now be installed on the Nexus One.

With that installed (IF it will install with the phone in this shape) I'd then get the sig verification options, right?

Well, good idea. But when I hook to computer, even though phone shows Fastboot usb, and wiindows loads drivers, it doesn't show as a drive.

I'm gonna try turning off the computer and opening it up clean to see if that changes anything.

You need SDK installed to do that, and put it in "tools" folder then flash thru terminal. The 3.0 has some issues that you nay need to back to 2.5.1.0 or so at som point. After Clockwork is on phone is when you install SuperUser to root if you go that far.

But, I thought you were following DR's SDK/Root guide to do passimg--I am kinda confused on what all has been done.

Go back tp post 11 and read that and the dropbox link
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I never did the passimg and have been rooted so long--hard to remember all the steps. When I rooted, I think I just fumbled my way thru it and got lucky

The SDK setup was the hard part--

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

So frustrating. Now it seems like some previous posts are missing. In summary, found this:
    ClockworkMod Recovery

1. Download the latest version of the ClockworkMod Recovery:
    2. Boot into bootloader mode by holding down the trackball while turning the device on. You should see a white screen with three skating androids.
    3. Connect the Nexus One to the computer via USB.
    4. On the computer, open terminal and run: fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-passion.img
    5. The ClockworkMod Recovery should now be installed on the Nexus One.

Tried it but N1 not recognized by desktop. Any reason why I can't flash it through recovery process from SDcard? I'd then have more recovery options, right? Then maybe turn off sig verification and load a new (old) ROM.
    Does this sound like a viable plan?
    Many thanks.
    Leo

One thing is you need debugging selected on phone to have phone recognized to use adb thru terminal

good info

Nexus One - XDA-Developers

I am not sure what to suggest atm--need to think about it--I got an appt coming up, hopefully DR or Dude will check in--much better troubleshooters than me

We will get it figured out though--so hang in there--

If you are rooted still you could try to put Amon_Ra on and flash it if available in a zip, not sure--think it is only .img

Being unlocked, not sure why clockwork won't go on either

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Okay, NOW I see the posts I was missing. Yes, I have SDK installed on a different notebook. I can do as you suggest from that computer. (stick it in tools and install from there.) Failing that (and I hope it doesn't fail) is there a problem in flashing it from the SDcard?
    I downloaded the file from post 11. Should I try restoring that first? I guess so, as I'm becoming very familiar with doing it.
    Is 3.0.0.5 unstable enough that I oughta go find 2.5.1.0 NOW?
    Yes, SDK was a PITA, and SO LARGE for the few files I needed.
    Thanks so much for hanging in with me. I'm sure you have better things to do with a Saturday afternoon, unless you are where it is over 100 degrees.
    Leo

Tried installing file from post 11. Same deal. I'm gonna try to get clockwork recovery on here. I'm NOT rooted, just unlocked.
    You've been great. Thanks a lot. Check in later to see the next thrilling chapter in this adventure!
    Leo

Fastboot is your best option...

When you hook the phone up in fastboot, check the connection by typing:
    fastboot devices

If you see your S/N then you have connection. If not, we'll have to redo the drivers...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links