Wifi Connection issues - Stock

This is a discussion on Wifi Connection issues - Stock within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey, finally moved to the Nexus One from the "rhymes with myphone". Brand new and unlocked running 2.2. In the process of trying to setup ...

Thread: Wifi Connection issues - Stock

Wifi Connection issues - Stock

Hey, finally moved to the Nexus One from the "rhymes with myphone".

Brand new and unlocked running 2.2.

In the process of trying to setup my phone, I cannot seem to establish a connection with my router. It detects my connection, I have entered my passphrase (and subsequently re-entered). I goes to connecting, authorizing, disabled, authenticating, disabled, and finally disconnected.

Here is my troubleshooting steps thus far:
    - Rentered my passphrase
    - Powercycled the phone
    - Removed / replaced battery
    - Powercycled my router.

All other devices can connect (I have several other devices connected fine, and writing from a wireless connection) and have changed no settings on my router.

I cannot get to the android market to download the wifi fixer, as Google doesn't recognize that I have a android enabled phone (apparently you must connect) and will not allow me to download the app to the SD card.

I cannot sign into Google services from my phone without a connection and similarly OTA firmware updates will not function without an OTA connection. I cannot find a source / resource in the forums to update with my USB connection to my Laptop.

Although I will eventually root my phone, I have no such ambitions to do so at this time, as I want to see what stock has to offer before I learn from your collective experiences and root.

The phone itself functions as a phone, and test calls work with no issues.

It's frustrating to be stuck in this seemingly catch-22, and if anyone can offer some additional illumination to this, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance for any advice you can lend!

Mathew

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

fixed

Sometimes the simple solutions work best. It would probably work well if I was typing the passphrase to my new router :-/. All fixed and playing away!

-solved-

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links