Autosuggest problem after update to 2.3.4

This is a discussion on Autosuggest problem after update to 2.3.4 within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I recently bought a N1 and was happy with it in unmodded form until a couple of days back the OTA update to 4.3.2 came ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autosuggest problem after update to 2.3.4

Autosuggest problem after update to 2.3.4

I recently bought a N1 and was happy with it in unmodded form until a couple of days back the OTA update to 4.3.2 came through.

Now I have no auto correction/suggestion/capitalization in messaging or email; the only suggested words are names in my Contacts list or words in the user dictionary.

Anyone have any ideas on this issue or how to correct it?

Thanks

I believe I have a Vodafone ROM (bought through Amazon US)

Build # reported as 31.405.2. CL81940 release-keys
    Kernel 2.6.35.7-ge0fb012
    htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm having the exact same problem. Suggestions would be great; Googling has failed me.

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    4.3.2? isent the latest version 2.3.4?

Obvs - my mistyping!

Or, uh, other person's mistyping, I assume.

Talking Here is the fix for this problem!

I had this problem and it drove me nuts. Here's how I fixed it.

After mucking about in the Settings, making sure the correct language was selected everywhere possible, yet getting nowhere, I went on the Android market and downloaded a new keyboard (Keyboard from Android 2.3 by Steven Lin). It was free.

The problem persisted, even though the keyboard was selected in Settings -> Language & keyboard -> (Gingerbread keyboard was checked).

Then I went to Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Gingerbread keyboard settings -> Input languages -> (make sure that the correct language is checked).

It also doesn't hurt to check that Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Gingerbread keyboard settings -> (Show suggestions should be checked).

The problem PERSISTED, and I was running low on patience. Then I found this hint on the app's store page:

You have to go to any text field, such as messaging or email. Tap it once to bring up the keyboard. THEN PRESS AND HOLD on the text field until a little menu comes up, and select Input method, then select Gingerbread keyboard from the options.

Problem fixed! ::happydance::

Great first post! Welcome to the site!

Oops, sorry about the typo!

Thanks to <angxela> for that fix. I had worked around the issue myself by going to the CM7 ROM, which works just perfectly and more!

Doesn't work here...

With 2.3 everything was fine but since 2.3.4 no more suggestions...

When I go to in the keyboard selection menu, I didn't get Gingerbread keyboard but only one option : Android keyboard. Should it say Gingerbread keyboard or it simply doesn't matter ?

I even tried to change the language for US english (I used french canadian normaly) and it doesn't work either. The phone only suggest the words in my contacts or personal dic.

Something also append with the smileys, it might be related but I'll make another post.

Try installing a new keyboard, setting that as the default, then switch back...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links