Phone Won't Acknowledge that I Have Mail

This is a discussion on Phone Won't Acknowledge that I Have Mail within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello: I've searched the forum for this topic with no result, so if I'm duplicating a thread, I'm sorry as hell. The latest in the ...

Thread: Phone Won't Acknowledge that I Have Mail

Phone Won't Acknowledge that I Have Mail

Hello:

I've searched the forum for this topic with no result, so if I'm duplicating a thread, I'm sorry as hell.

The latest in the list of things my N1 (or as I call it, the shiny rectangle of misery) won't do is receive gmail. I woke up this morning, checked on the phone for email, and there were two messages there from last week. Nothing else.

I checked, and went to the inbox, and refreshed and all the other things, but the phone still doesn't acknowledge that I've got mail (inbox = 0).

I turned on my iPod Touch, and of course there were ten messages from this morning, no problem.

I checked the wifi on the phone, and of course as usual it won't connect to my wifi network and says that I'm out of range--and this is when the phone is six inches away from the router.

I could go through my usual routine of unplugging the router, turning off the phone, waiting half a day and then enjoying ten minutes of connection to wifi, but this is starting to get very, very old.

I even have apps that are supposed to force the wifi connection to remain open, but no joy.

I live for the day, two and a half years from now, when I can watch this piece of garbage slide under the waves of the St. Lawrence River, but until then, any suggestions for forcing the thing to remain wifi-connected at all times?

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sounds like your gmail is not setup to sync properly. Have you checked your sync settings?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Delete data from your Gmail app...

Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> select the "All" tab, find Gmail and delete data...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links