SMS sent to wrong person!

This is a discussion on SMS sent to wrong person! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; OK, who do I yell at here? My sister sent me a text, I replied, but my reply was sent to Facebook instead of my ...

Thread: SMS sent to wrong person!

SMS sent to wrong person!

OK, who do I yell at here?
    My sister sent me a text, I replied, but my reply was sent to Facebook instead of my sister.
    Here I was wondering why she never replied and lo and behold it is because she didn't receive the reply. It wasn't until I logged onto Facebook that I saw the message there.
    I am using Handcent for my text messages. I backup my text and mms messages using SMS Backup+. When I told that app to backup my messages, sure enough, I see my reply to my sister in the messages to Facebook.
    I look at the message thread and see my reply listed in my texts with my sister but it was sent to Facebook.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Oh, yeah...
    Look at this.
    This issue is exists for few years. Happens to me few times on Froyo. No scenario to reproduce so you can't really proof to Google there is a problem

Thanks for the link. As far as I know, this is the first time it has happened to me.

Yes the messaging bug was a problem but it is only for the stock messaging app if your using handcent then your good and plus it was said to be fixed in android 2.2.2 so I don't see how this can still be affecting you :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    it was said to be fixed in android 2.2.2 so I don't see how this can still be affecting you :confused:
    I can't say this still affecting me but according to comments in the topic the issue still exists on Gingerbread - take a look on last messages in the discussion.
    AFAIK, it's started on 2.2 and still continuing...

Oh well that's weird I could have sworn that it was fixed cause that is what 2.2.2 was all about but oh well I've been wrong before :/

I sent a bug report to the Handcent people asking them what is up when it happened. When they reply (yes I am being optimistic) I will post back what they say.

Well, no reply so far from Handcent. They released an update today. I emailed their admin asking "Does this latest update address issue of text being sent to wrong person?"

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links