Screen wont go to sleep

This is a discussion on Screen wont go to sleep within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello there, My Nexus One um... OK OK I ADMIT IT IT WENT IN THE WASHING MACHINE! So, I did the rice bag thing, gave ...

Thread: Screen wont go to sleep

Screen wont go to sleep

Hello there,

My Nexus One um... OK OK I ADMIT IT IT WENT IN THE WASHING MACHINE!

So, I did the rice bag thing, gave it a week to dry up, then it started working again, only with some light degradation on the screen. Everything works great, except one thing. The screen never shuts down. The phone goes to sleep alright, I see the old tv-off animation when it happens, then I have to wake it up to see the time.. In the battery management options Android seems to think the screen goes to sleep so I'm starting to think it's physical and not Android. I even ordered a new battery and it lasts about the same time as the wet one, about 1 hour.

Sure, it makes me a phone that i'll always have to plug in, be it in the car or at home, but is there any solutions anyone could give me? Is it possible the water made some kind of short circuit that keeps the screen always on?

BTW the effect it does is that the screen is black but theres a glow from the backlight, a little like when I put my LCD TV on before I turn on the STB.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

In the same boat

Same thing happened to me! What did you do?

Nothing... I called shops and they want to see it first.. at 20$/hour. So I'm gona wait and hope to find another one on craiglist or similar for 100$ or less. Also considering the Defy from motorola in case it happens again

Thanks so much for your response. I just wish you had some magic trick to get it back to the way it was.

What happens when you dim the screen brightness?
    If the screen dims, you could try setting up Tasker to auto dim the screen to zero when the screen is locked...?

Thanks I'll try and let you know. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    If the screen dims, you could try setting up Tasker to auto dim the screen to zero when the screen is locked...?

Tried it, gives the same "screen is on but nothing to show" effect. I think the screen's chip is stuck to 100%

Quote Originally Posted by philwire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post

Tried it, gives the same "screen is on but nothing to show" effect. I think the screen's chip is stuck to 100%
    That sucks...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links