After 1.5 yrs, N1's power button no longer works

This is a discussion on After 1.5 yrs, N1's power button no longer works within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, My issue is very simple. I press the power button to turn on/off/lock the phone. Now it does not work/respond. It will only response ...

Thread: After 1.5 yrs, N1's power button no longer works

After 1.5 yrs, N1's power button no longer works

Hello,

My issue is very simple. I press the power button to turn on/off/lock the phone. Now it does not work/respond. It will only response if one of the following happens:

1. I plug it in a USB/Charging station (assuming the phone is still on)
    2. I get a call (assuming the phone is still on)

So basically if there is a situation where I need to turn OFF the phone, I have to literally pull out the battery. If i have to turn the phone back on , I have no way to do it. That's why I haven't done that yet.....but imagine if if it dies when the battery runs out or when it froze and I have to force restart....

A reference to the issue:
    Manage a Nexus One with Broken Power Button [Updated] AndroidGuys

So now that froyo has been released and many updates after. I don't know if the "rooting" method / trackball wake is still usable and I am interested to know if there's anything I can do to fix this without sending it to HTC for a fee or something

Note: I haven't rooted my phone at all. Normal phone user only.

One place claims they can fix it for approx $100 including parts and labor. But I don't know if i want to do that yet.. I have 1 yr till the contract ends..... gaah

please advise

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I use fix power button app wich has a widget to turn off the screen and you can wake the phone with volume button. (Cm7 rom can let you use the volume and trackball to wake too).

To turn on your phone when its off, plug the usb cord, wait for you to see that its charging, then remove the battery and put it back. The phone will now boot.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    I use fix power button app wich has a widget to turn off the screen and you can wake the phone with volume button. (Cm7 rom can let you use the volume and trackball to wake too).

To turn on your phone when its off, plug the usb cord, wait for you to see that its charging, then remove the battery and put it back. The phone will now boot.

If I only have a regular wall charger, will it work in place of the USB charger to "wake the phone up" after it is off?

Hmm not sure

Try it....

Yes it works on mine.
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links