Screen not working when in-call

This is a discussion on Screen not working when in-call within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I need help trying to figure out what's wrong with my nexus one! When I make phone calls and the screen times out (by ear), ...

Thread: Screen not working when in-call

Screen not working when in-call

I need help trying to figure out what's wrong with my nexus one!

When I make phone calls and the screen times out (by ear), the screen stops working. I touch the screen, it doesn't pop back up...the trackball doesn't help...and neither does pushing the power button. I cannot end calls or bring up the dial pad because the screen doesn't come on. I can hear everything fine but I just can't end the call. Even when the other person I called hangs up, I cannot get the screen working. Then, I have to plug in the charger or take out the battery and restart phone in order to get my screen back.

Please help

Thanks!

It's not rooted.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Are you rooted?

No, its not. Would u have any idea what part of the phone could be making it act like that?

I would start by deleting data from the Dialer app, via the App Manager... It's a long shot, but it's always an easy starting point..

I tried and it didn't work. I guess I should also mentioned that the phone was dropped quite hard by my cousin. I'm assuming that something was probably damaged... I wanted to try and figure this out on my own but I might just have to go to a shop or something.

I'm guessing hardware problem... :/

I've narrowed it down...and I think its the proximity (& possibly also the light) sensor. I ran a test using the app "sensor test" and wasn't getting any response for the proximity...

think it's something I can fix myself or a goner?

A repair shop should be able to fix it for you...

There's a tear-down for the N1 on ifixit.com that would give you a better idea of what you would have to do, if you choose to fix it yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by carmz View Post
    I tried and it didn't work. I guess I should also mentioned that the phone was dropped quite hard by my cousin. I'm assuming that something was probably damaged... I wanted to try and figure this out on my own but I might just have to go to a shop or something.
    Hi,

can you please share end of the story with us?

I'm having the same issue with my N1. And, guess why? I also dropped it.
    The camera, led flash, proximity and ambient sensors do not work.
    It is quite an annoying problem, but I got used to it. If I connect the charger for a while, the screen turns on. A missed call also helps.
    The temporary solution is using a bluetooth headset, as thus the ambient sensor is not used during the call.

Thanks

Hi there, my story of love and hate with my nexus one goes a while back. though after several things I got given a new unit and so far is working well. Although, my girlfriend has a N1 as well and since the waranty was void because of the time, I replace the flex myself, because the power button wouldn't work. The phone work fine until last week that started to display several problems (that I have seen in my phone before)
    1) Camera not working.
    2) Flash not responsibe to any app that uses it, but lights up randomly.
    3) Proximity sensor goes crazy and doesn't bring the in-call screen.
    4) When pluged to charge, the little orange/green LED of charging doesn't turn on.
    5) ear piece doesn't work on calls, only speaker.

My question might sound silly but. Could that be related to the flex? or another part of the electronics?. I have discarded software since I have flashed different roms.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links