1st...N1 screen cracks.. then stuck at "X" boot screen after 3 days...

This is a discussion on 1st...N1 screen cracks.. then stuck at "X" boot screen after 3 days... within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello All, I have been a Nexus One owner for almost two years now and have dropped the phone at times with no major damage. ...

Thread: 1st...N1 screen cracks.. then stuck at "X" boot screen after 3 days...

Unhappy 1st...N1 screen cracks.. then stuck at "X" boot screen after 3 days...

Hello All,

I have been a Nexus One owner for almost two years now and have dropped the phone at times with no major damage. Last Friday, I dropped it lightly on some concrete and the screen cracked. The touch screen worked fine, however, so I was able to use the phone. I ordered a screen replacement and some tools to fix it myself. The weekend passed and on Sunday Morning I noticed that the phone was off which made sense since I did not put it to charge. When I plugged it in and turned it on, the phone would just get stuck at the "X" boot screen. I tried many things like taking out the battery and restarting but I faced the same problem. I also tried starting in fastboot mode and that worked but when I went to recovery, the phone still got stuck on the "X". In addition to fixing the screen, I also have to deal with this. I never rooted the phone and am wondering if doing this will solve the problem. I am also noticing that when I plug in the power supply into the micro usb, I do not get an indication light showing that the phone is charging. I do notice that the phone gets very hot, though. Please help!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

SUCCESS!!! I managed to replace the digitizer and i also noticed a small connection on the upper left hand side of the back of the phone that was disconnected. I reconnected said connection and reasseembled the phone. I turned it on and everything seems to be working fine. I did wipe the user data so I have to get everything back to normal but thats not that big of a deal...

vie
    Hi, I had a very similar issue. The phone fell down the night before. It was OK untill the battery ran out. When charged and restarted it got stuck at the screen after the solid X.

Could you share what exactly got disconnected and is this something that can be done by somebody who has never opened the phone? Thanks

I see you new so will help out--

This is a one year old thread and OP may not be around anymore. If you check his posts, he has only these two--

Recommend you google and/or start your own thread. Someone will help--
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links