N1 Auto Reboot FIX!

This is a discussion on N1 Auto Reboot FIX! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; It may or may not fix it but if you want to have a better idea then I would pull the sim for a few ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N1 Auto Reboot FIX!

It may or may not fix it but if you want to have a better idea then I would pull the sim for a few hours and check if there is a reboot (if you have another phone may be a good idea to put it in there while your doing this so you can keep getting calls) if there is no reboots then that it almost definitely your problem. But either way a sim is like 10$ so you don't have much to lose if it's not.

I can confirm this worked for me

My N1 started rebooting in the past week, and worked it's way to 4+ times a day before I googled and found this thread (it may have been even more frequent but unless the phone is sitting right next to you you just don't know).

Anyway, I changed my SIM and the phone has not rebooted once over 2 days.

I say go for it. I got a free sim replacement through Vodafone Australia so it was risk free for me.

:/ Nothing works

I've already soft restart and hard restarted, cleared storage, etc. pretty much did everything possible to wipe my phone. Even switched with three different SIM cards and it still keeps rebooting. Removed the SIM card and SD Card and still reboots.

I had forgotten about this thread (happily my phone has not rebooted itself since I started the thread - I hope I didnt just jinx it)...

I'm glad the fix has worked for others as well - I wish I would have tried it before removing all my apps and factory reset

@ receivemusic, sux that it didnt work for your phone - I guess there will be cases where there is no option other than send back to HTC

My phone is rooted and I unlocked the bootloader so I guess I won't even have that option of HTC helping me out

Post My Nexus One started auto-rebooting itself shortly

after I changed from T-Mobile to T-Mobile Family Plan (via Wal-Mart) and installed a new simm card.

So getting another simm card seems worth a try.

(btw, same cell company, same service plan, same phone #, same phone at about have the monthly price.)

This problem started on my Nexus One only recently, seemingly much later than many others have experienced this issue. While it may have started prior to 15th May 2012, that was when it was first noticed. Like the first poster commented, no major changes had been performed, ie new apps etc, just the usual updates [which seem to be almost constant with some apps!]

The reboots appeared to be random, following no obvious pattern. For example last night it rebooted at 19:00, 21:00, and 22:30 but then seemed ok until gone midnight. This morning it did not reboot from 06:00 to 09:00 when it restarted, then shortly after 10:00. At least 5 hours then passed without a reboot, but then at 15:15...bzz

This fault remains despite a factory restore performed four days previously. Removing the SIM, and later replacing it has had no effect, neither has a hard reset [removing battery whilst switched on].

So, next to call the mobile provider, Vodafone UK. Their response: "...the only reason mentioned for your handset performing that fault is that the main motherchip of your handset needs to be changed and once that is done, your handset will functions properly."

I mentioned the suggestion pointed out in this and other forums that a replacement SIM might solve the issue [personally I'm skeptical] and the representative was very accommodating. "I will send out a Free Replacement SIM to you right away," the Vodafone rep said.

Concerning a repair, the rep said, "the normal cost of changing the motherchip is about 40 - 60."

Sounds quite reasonable, though am now waiting for a SIM replacement before following through on that one.

While one cannot moan too much given the device has rarely been switched off since July 2010, it would be sad to give up this phone. It has drawbacks in terms of memory [or lack thereof], but it has rarely caused many problems.

Having to upgrade would be a pain since it would tie one up in another 24 month costly contract, and also mean replacing car docks etc.

I shall update this thread on the outcome of SIM replacement....

SIM replacement did not work

Vodafone happily replaced my SIM after explaining the issue, though it was suggested that it was more likely a hardware fault.

However, replacing the SIM has not solved the issue and the phone still restarts periodically, even if on a call at times. Interestingly the rebooting DOES NOT occur if plugged in and charging, ONLY while running from battery power. However, other threads seem to indicate that the changing of battery makes little difference if this problem arises.

It seems that the only option is to buy a replacement phone, upgrade or put up with the reboots which seem to happen at least 3-5 times a day.

Sadly my N1 started doing the "Reboot Shuffle" even though she's been without a SIM card for months. I will try using my current SIM to see if that solves it.
    Nexus One :nexusx: FINALY rooted without ending up like this

Got CM7 installed too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links