N1 Auto Reboot FIX!

This is a discussion on N1 Auto Reboot FIX! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'll cut to the chase... Replace SIM Card . Now, I'll explain my situation and how I came to this conclusion... I've had a Nexus ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N1 Auto Reboot FIX!

Exclamation N1 Auto Reboot FIX!

I'll cut to the chase... Replace SIM Card.

Now, I'll explain my situation and how I came to this conclusion...

I've had a Nexus One for 15 months (so of course its out of warranty)... a couple of days ago it began rebooting itself - every 20-30 minutes... I had not downloaded any recent apps - just updated a few... and nothing else "new, unusual, or out of the ordinary" that could have caused this...

I researched a bunch - and the only info to be found was - soft boot, factory restore and ultimately send it to HTC... I did the volume down/power button/track ball trick = did nothing, still rebooted itself... I uninstalled all add-on apps = no help...

I ended up doing factory restore which sux because of course it renders phone back to out of box status and I had to backup all data/calendars/contacts, etc... still didnt work - the phone continued to reboot itself.

HTC had no tech suggestions other than what I already did - and told me to send it to them for repair/replacement - they had no idea how much it would cost until they determined the problem/fix...

I transferred Sim card to an older phone and removed the SD card in preparation to send the N1 to HTC - but I kept the N1 turned on (for maps/contacts) until I was ready to packing it up ... after 2 hours the N1 had NOT rebooted!!! I powered down, installed the SD card and powered up... 2 more hours, it did NOT reboot itself... Then I powered down, installed the Sim card and within 30 minutes it rebooted itself!!!

I called T-Mobile to explain the situation and get replacement Sim card - went to local store, got new Sim - the phone has been powered up since yesterday afternoon NO Auto Reboot!!!!!

HTC had never heard about this "fix"... T-Mobile had never heard this "fix"... it makes me wonder how many people have paid HTC to send another phone and gone through the hassle - when all it might have taken was a new Sim card.

I'm no expert so I'm not going to speculate how/why to Sim card caused the reboot problem... but I know it has happened to many people (based on boatloads of research on various forums)... and I have not seen anyone post the same finding that I had.

It may not fix everyone's reboot problem - but if you are having the same issue and reading this - REPLACE YOUR SIM CARD before doing anything else... you might save yourself a ton of grief (and money).

Sorry if this is not "news" to anyone... I haven't read anything anywhere that suggested new sim card (and as I said, T-Mobile and HTC didnt suggest it either)... but I wish I had known to do this before all the crap I went through... hopefully this will save someone else from going through it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

you probably just saved me a lot of money and time. my random reboot just started last week, and i've spent the last 2 hours thinking about doing factory reset... and then i found this! this is my first post. i just need to show my gratitude. thank you! :-)

WOW! Thank you for your post! I've spent last few days on reboot/delete/restore/upgrade my phone exactly like you! )))
    My reboots began at Jul 28, 2011... let me go to T-Mobile to replace my SIM card

Quote Originally Posted by vagifzeynalov View Post
    WOW! Thank you for your post! I've spent last few days on reboot/delete/restore/upgrade my phone exactly like you! )))
    My reboots began at Jul 28, 2011... let me go to T-Mobile to replace my SIM card
    cool... please post once you install new SIM and confirm it corrected your problem... I'm hoping this is the reason for so many reboot issues - and I'm real curious to know that the fix works for others ~

For the record - I just replaced the SIM card @12:45
    The guy in T-Mobile said "Yes, you have an old SIM card and sometime it happens with `2G cards`"....
    so, let's wait and see...

BTW here is full investigation log, but in Russian
    I put it here just in case if someone who speaks Russian will Google about that issue

turned out that i didn't need to replace the sim card. i just took it out for an hour and put it back in. no reboot for 16 hours. :-)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by neurotic one View Post
    turned out that i didn't need to replace the sim card. i just took it out for an hour and put it back in. no reboot for 16 hours. :-)
    Too late, I'm already replaced the sim card. And no reboot any more!

DUDE
    I just got off the phone with HTC. Exactly the same problem - my phone is ~15 months old, and I've been having random reboots for the past few week with no pattern.
    I've uninstalled everything, factory reset, argued with T-mobile (they won't honor my extended warranty, even though I've been paying for it.. that's another battle).

I JUST got off the phone with HTC, and they are generating the shipping label for a repair return as I type. They quoted between $55 - $195.

I thought i'd do another quick google search, and here I am! My phone's sitting in front of me with the SIM card out..

I'll let you know if I can tear up the shipping label.

Thanks guys!!!!

Well, even though the circumstances suck for you, I'll welcome you to our community, samnf. We have a great bunch of folks here, and most every problem has either been discussed and solved or at least mentioned here.

Read around a bit while you wait for a resolution to your issue, and definitely keep us posted on its' progress.

Can someone confirm... does a new sim card definately fix this problem?

My phone typically reboots every half hour... When I pull out my sim card and put it back in, the rebooting slows to maybe as long as 14 hours, then the rebooting increases from there. I am thinking its something with my sim but, have some doubts.
    -Jeremy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links