Trouble Shooting my Nexus One Issue

This is a discussion on Trouble Shooting my Nexus One Issue within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I just picked up a Nexus One in Mint shape. Not a scratch on it anywhere def. has not been dropped in or exposed to ...

Thread: Trouble Shooting my Nexus One Issue

Trouble Shooting my Nexus One Issue

I just picked up a Nexus One in Mint shape. Not a scratch on it anywhere def. has not been dropped in or exposed to water at all I know what to look for. It does respond but I get nothing but lights. Please have a look at my plug in results as listed and give me some input.
    1. When I plugged it in last night I got a orange light in the earpiece screen.
    2. Today when plugged into the wall or my computer I get a solid green light on the status led.
    3. If I pull the battery and plug it in I get a quick orange followed by a quick green light.
    The battery also does not get warm nor does it show signs of swelling. I'm trying to narrow it down to a bad logic board or Amoled/super lcd? Normally with a bad lcd in other phones you'll get a back light of sorts where in bright light you can still see the images. Possibly this isn't a characteristic of these. Also if I plug in this device or hold down the power button would it not automatically turn on. If so wouldn't I hear the boot screen or process and wouldn't it vibrate? I've never owned one so I'm not sure.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Are you sure it's not something as simple as a failed power button (a weakness of the phone)?

You can test by plugging a charger into the phone, then pull the battery, then reinsert the battery. The phone should turn on, but it may take a few attempts...

Holy Santa Clause Danger Rat I just got your reply and I walked over to the phone. One the 4th battery pull. I get that big beautiful Nexus boot screen. You just got me a mint Nexus One for 85 dollars. Now onto a power button solution. I work on smart phones all day but I'm in rural area and have literally never had a Nexus on my bench. I assumed the charger being plugged in would boot the phone like it does on Iphones and Bb's.

I owe you a lunch or something. Is there a quick lock button bypass I can use so I don't have to reboot everytime the screen locks?

There's a few root apps, and also one called "No Lock" or something like that.
    There's plenty of discussions on it, so a quick search should get you there...

done deal thanks again should I delete this thread?

No let's keep the thread, just in case anyone else has a similar issue...

Quote Originally Posted by jacumja View Post
    I just picked up a Nexus One in Mint shape. Not a scratch on it anywhere def. has not been dropped in or exposed to water at all I know what to look for. It does respond but I get nothing but lights. Please have a look at my plug in results as listed and give me some input.
    1. When I plugged it in last night I got a orange light in the earpiece screen.
    2. Today when plugged into the wall or my computer I get a solid green light on the status led.
    3. If I pull the battery and plug it in I get a quick orange followed by a quick green light.
    The battery also does not get warm nor does it show signs of swelling. I'm trying to narrow it down to a bad logic board or Amoled/super lcd? Normally with a bad lcd in other phones you'll get a back light of sorts where in bright light you can still see the images. Possibly this isn't a characteristic of these. Also if I plug in this device or hold down the power button would it not automatically turn on. If so wouldn't I hear the boot screen or process and wouldn't it vibrate? I've never owned one so I'm not sure.
    i have never seen a light behind my ear piece , status light yes but not one behind the screen..is it just me?//

It's the charging light...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links