Not your average low disk space story?

This is a discussion on Not your average low disk space story? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi peeps, My phone is over a year old now! Yay! Still lovin' it. I noticed lately though that I am running into the dreaded ...

Thread: Not your average low disk space story?

Not your average low disk space story?

Hi peeps,

My phone is over a year old now! Yay! Still lovin' it.

I noticed lately though that I am running into the dreaded low space problem on the internal storage. The thing is though, I have tried everything to free up space and I don't know what's eating it up. I have searched the web and taken all the usual advice.

I have Apps2SD, and there are only a handful of apps that I can't move - Google ones, DoubleTwist, Twitter client etc. Everything that has been moved to the SD card has been.

All caches are empty, including the browser. The phone is fully charged.

Tonight I dumped all my photos and movies and still no luck.

I have DiskUsage and it is showing me that a fair amount of space is being used by "data" but I don't know how to access it or if it's data the phone actually needs.

I downloaded a file explorer and can't find anythng else to clear or move. While I was dickering around trying to free up space, the internal storage of my phone dropped 5MB!

Powering the phone on and off didn't improve anything.

Where the heck is my space going?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i feel your pain its really not that hard to root and one of the big bennys is that you can now save your apps to the your sd card. since rooting my free space went from the low 20's to high 90's.

I have to admit, I'm afraid of rooting my phone. It's my only phone and I don't want to brick it :\ I'm pretty tech savvy, but it's a big scary thing for me :-)

I feel absolutely stumped - I was down to 10MB free and uninstalling apps that I don't use that were installed to the SD card has freed me up about 20MB of space. I don't understand!

to be honest i was a little wasted when i rooted but i unlocked my boot loader by command line flashed the recovery thingee and downloaded the cyano thingee i am on the road right now but i used the google and was willing to loose everything on the phone

I would suggest doing a wipe to out of the box new and then restore all of your apps. See what that does for your internal memory storage. Maybe some of the apps over the year have left unneeded files.

For me (I'm 50) rooting was rather tedious, but thanks to the gents on this board, i made it. Bricking an N1 is something you shouldn't be worried about. The N1 was made for this stuff.

Rooting was the best thing I ever did!

Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    For me (I'm 50) rooting was rather tedious, but thanks to the gents on this board, i made it. Bricking an N1 is something you shouldn't be worried about. The N1 was made for this stuff.

Rooting was the best thing I ever did!

Go for it!
    I'm older.... lol.... I used the one-click rooter (that was the best).

After that running CM and doing all kinds of cool stuff that I couldn't do otherwise.

I agree, once I finally did it... best thing ever (on the device, at the time).

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links