Camera won't Load/Freeze After Calls/Headphone jack wont work

This is a discussion on Camera won't Load/Freeze After Calls/Headphone jack wont work within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; So I've had my Nexus one for a few months now, but just recently a slew of problems have emerged. First off, my camera will ...

Thread: Camera won't Load/Freeze After Calls/Headphone jack wont work

Camera won't Load/Freeze After Calls/Headphone jack wont work

So I've had my Nexus one for a few months now, but just recently a slew of problems have emerged.

First off, my camera will not load. Everytime I try to load it just goes to a blank screen and gives me the application-busy/timed-out error.

Secondly, when I call someone, the display freezes. That is, I can't get the display to come back. I can talk to the person, but the display wont show up, even after the call has ended, rendering the phone completely useless.

Then there's the headphone jack. Whenever I plug headphones in, the phone doesn't register it, and still plays music/sound/ect through the external speakers. I have used the jack before and it had worked fine.

Finally, my LED light on my Nexus one flashes randomly from time to time for no apparently reason whatsoever.

Any idea how to fix these problems?

I had 2.3.4 version I tried restoring to factory defaults and tried a "hard reset" back to version 2.2, but it didn't fix any of these problems. Are there any other way to completely restore the phone to original settings? I have no problem with losing all person data. I just want my phone to work properly again

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm having many of these same issues. My camera is freezing on opening, my screen is freezing after calls, the led seems to flash at completely random intervals and I've tried a factory reset to try to fix things with no success. Also on version 2.3.4, too.

I've been having these problems since August 11th, and it's driving me crazy. Are there any fixes available?

I'm a little glad to see someone with the same set of problems as my phone has, maybe this means something will get fixed soon?

hi i have recently upgraded my N1 to 2.3.4 and since then i am also experiencing the following issues:
    1. Activity camera not responding
    2. Phone hang during call

if anyone knows how to resolve these issues , pl reply.

Working again!

So my Nexus one, after having these problems, started working randomly again.

I had basically bootloaded it with every possible ROM i could find, and nothing fixed it.

I eventually just loaded back the default version of Android.

But just yesterday I tried using my Camera and it works again. Same with the headphones.

My current specs:

Android version: 2.3.4
    Baseband Version: 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04
    Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-59463-g52630a3, android-build@apa28#1
    Build number: GRJ22

Sorry I can't be of more help! I honestly think it was a hardware problem, as the vibrate function, headphone jack, and camera are all hardware-based. I believe the call-hanging was a different problem altogether, although that got fixed too(probably some software problem that was fixed by completely restoring my phone).

EDIT: My LED still flashes randomly time-to-time though. Don't know why....

I have same issues appeared recently on my nexus one 2.3.6

1- camera not working
    2- phone hangs up during a call
    3- battery charging LED not working

I have had a couple of nexus one already and this happened to me a few times. It a very complex simptom.
    1) Camera stops working as you said.
    2) The call mane doesn't come back (I suppose may be related to the proximity sensor).
    3) LED Flash goes crazy and random.
    4) The jack plug doesn't work
    5) Charging LED doesn't work.
    6) Ear piece doesn't work on calls you have to use speaker.

I think Software has something to do since all of the simptoms appear suddently. Though, all of them are connected by the "FLEX" wire and that might be failing.

I havent been any help, just shared my suffering!! :-)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links