Nexus One won't power up

This is a discussion on Nexus One won't power up within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I have had a google android nexus one for about 18 months now, a few weeks ago i received and update to the software ...

Thread: Nexus One won't power up

Question Nexus One won't power up

Hi,

I have had a google android nexus one for about 18 months now, a few weeks ago i received and update to the software which i did and since then when i press the power button to activate the screen sometimes the screen would light up to show the unlocking page and sometimes it would stay black like the phone was off (but it wasnt off)

Now today when i press the power button nothing happens the screen won't come on, it doesnt vibrate. Ive tried pressing the vol - and the power button at the same time and nothing happens. Ive tried charging it for 5 hrs and nothing happens all i can see is a red light at the top right and after a while that goes out, never goes green. Ive tried the battery from my husband's phone as he has the same phone as me and that doesnt solve the problem. Any ideas?

I have my life on that phone i.e. calendar entries, to do lists, hospital appointment reminders, pictures of my new born son everything, is there anyway i can get that data off of the phone?

Please help.

thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok my guess some data got corrupted then you couldn't access the phone then you pressed the power button to many times to try to get it to turn on and that made the power button die (it's a common issue) so I would try this plug in the charger then hold down the vol- key and then pull the battery put it back in wait a few seconds and repeat do this until the screen comes on. When it does you should see a screen with 3 skate boarding androids this is bootloader.

Your calendar, appointments, etc, should be synced to the cloud, so you can access them from any browser - just go to Google calender from your Gmail.

Your pictures of your soon silk be stored on your SD card in the DCIM folder, so get a card reader and you can read them from any PC...

I would also try plugging into a charger and pulling and removing the battery - don't bother with the volume down key just yet, in case its just your power button that has failed. We can try going through the bootloader if that doesn't work...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links