Nexus 1 Power Button issue

This is a discussion on Nexus 1 Power Button issue within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; My Nexus 1 is more than a year old and out of warranty. I started to have this issue the phone won't turn back on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus 1 Power Button issue

Nexus 1 Power Button issue

My Nexus 1 is more than a year old and out of warranty. I started to have this issue the phone won't turn back on when I press the power button. This is like guessing game everytime when I turn the power on and hope it won't died on me. Quite embarrassing when in front of friends that a good phone need to remove battery in order to work. I installed WidgetLocker and only work fine using volume button to wake the phone. But sometimes the phone went dead also. That leave notification track ball light lid.
    I did a lot removing the battery and put it back to get the phone back on without connect to battery charger. Will this harm the phone. And the phone reboot by itself a few times a day. Need advice should I sent it back to HTC or let the local Craigslist Repair handle the phone? I live in NYC and Craigslister's charge around $70.

Thank you.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Pulling the batery won't hurt. There are other apps out that someone else will probably list. And, others have same issue, so someone will have options. Craigslist would be iffy to me. I'd sooner send back to HTC or wait for Prime.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Question

rucmamkc,
    I installed fix broken power button last night. Doesn't help. It works when it feel likes to. Hope to get it fixed and sell to get another similar one.

Good Luck on it--
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Try no lock or any unlock or if your rooted you could use trackball wake.

Ken I guess I'm the one who is going to list the options XD

My Hero

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanks Dude,
    I am sending it back to HTC for Power Button replacement. $56 is what the customer service told me.

What about making call and the phone goes dead. Is this about the power button also or the battery. I have no problem when the phone connected to charger.

Thanks.

I only use the phone to check emails/ SMS and making calls. And some web browsing. I don't mind to root the phone. Would you guys recommend it? I will give it another try or will switch to Sensation or wait for the new Nexus soon.

Well if your going to root and send it to htc then I would send it in first because if it's rooted and you send it in they will unroot it also btw when you send it in they will wipe the phone. Now do I recommend rooting well it depends on what you want to do with the phone if you want to have some fun with flashing ROMs and trying stuff out then ya but if your just going to check email SMS make calls and that's about it then you don't really need it and just some unlocking app will do the trick.

That was a call issue I thought for only rooted users or maybe with more recent versions like 2.3.4 etc

There is an apk called Dewonkificator on XDA you install--not sure if this is your answer. I haven't used it for a long time.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28338566/Dewonkificator.apk

I think I just put it on root of sdcard and opened--not sure

Dude may set me right though--

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links