Shrinking Memory on N1

This is a discussion on Shrinking Memory on N1 within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; The apps mentioned won't help you much. You need to root to run dark tremors a2sd or other programs that move dalvik, data and the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shrinking Memory on N1

The apps mentioned won't help you much. You need to root to run dark tremors a2sd or other programs that move dalvik, data and the likes to sd.

Many options after rooted--and roms available are great, many very stable

You could also have a lot of bad sectors, but moving stuff to sd will help

Yes, where is Aseems--miss his posts--
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    You get residual garbage from apps and data - I believe they call it orphaned data. It will build up over time. Unfortunately, the only fix I know is a full wipe, or there are root options available...

You may be able to delete stuff via adb, but unfortunately you don't have read access to /data, so you would have to guess at what to delete...

I'll have a look around, and see if there's an app for that...
    I have the same problem. I saw something called SystemAppRemover.zip file on xda by teamsk but I really don't know how to use it. But I've heard it helped clear a lot of memory for people.
    It is a zip he designed to flash thru recovery and remove certain apps he doesn't use. You can extract and modify it thru notepad. But, it is nothing you can't do manually thru Root Explorer in a few seconds. Again, need root.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    You get residual garbage from apps and data - I believe they call it orphaned data. It will build up over time. Unfortunately, the only fix I know is a full wipe, or there are root options available...

You may be able to delete stuff via adb, but unfortunately you don't have read access to /data, so you would have to guess at what to delete...

I'll have a look around, and see if there's an app for that...
    I have the same problem. I saw something called SystemAppRemover.zip file on xda by teamsk but I really don't know how to use it. But I've heard it helped clear a lot of memory for people.
    It is a zip he designed to flash thru recovery and remove certain apps he doesn't use. You can extract and modify it thru notepad. But, it is nothing you can't do manually thru Root Explorer in a few seconds. Again, need root.
    Thanks Rugman,
    I'll try root explorer.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

If you want a custom zip, just let me know (I'll throw something together) - but like I said, removing apps from /system won't save space on /data.

Best option if you are rooted is probably S2E.

I have always wanted to try S2E, but have plenty of mem as is

@Slayer

Welcome--the zip saves time--not much--but does regain system mem at reboot.

Not a lot of apps in original zip, but like I said you can add all you want.

I use a solid black wallpaper, taken from my camera laying on my black leather pouch. Nice, solid black and a little glossy. And, if themed, may use it's wallpaper. So, I delete thru Root Explorer, all wallpapers. Cyanogen itself is 5mb.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

same problem for a noob

Hey guys could you please offer some advice for a noob? I've been fighting this very frustrating problem almost every other day now. I still like my N1 very much, so want to use it for a while. My problem is I can't even seem to root it now. Most of the root apps out there are old (my android version is 2.3.6) or seem kinda fishy.

I went on the CM development forum and read that I'll probably need to unlock the bootloader since there are no rooting apps out there that is used for 2.3.6, but that would mean wiping out the phone so I want to back it up with Titanium backup, which requires rooting in the first place! So I'm kinda in this catch-22 situation where I can't do anything about it.

Ugh... I feel like I'm being punished for being a fan of the first nice android phone, which I think is still very capable. Can someone please tell me if my understanding is correct? Or is there a better way to free up more space without going barebone ('cause what's the use of that?) I'm really considering switching to the iPhone and forget all this madness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links