N1 suddenly no HSPA, only Edge

This is a discussion on N1 suddenly no HSPA, only Edge within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; A few days ago, my phone began displaying "Selected network t-mobile unavailable". After some reboots, etc, I finally forced it to 2G only and now ...

Thread: N1 suddenly no HSPA, only Edge

N1 suddenly no HSPA, only Edge

A few days ago, my phone began displaying "Selected network t-mobile unavailable". After some reboots, etc, I finally forced it to 2G only and now it works, but only 2G. When I switch back to 3G, nada. Even when I'm right next to a known t-mobile tower and my daughter's phone (not a Nexus One) get service fine.

Anyone heard of this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just wanted to share you're not alone.

Same thing here. I'm on Rogers Wireless, but the problem for me started back with the 2.3.4 update. I had a rooted 2.3.1 N1, broke the screen, sent it to HTC and got it back updated all the way to 2.3.4, with an unlocked bootloader.

Ever since, it keeps dropping my Rogers 3g network. It works at times, then it drops suddenly. I have to put it on flight mode and then take it off to get it back. Even then it works only at times :$. Runs perfect on 2g, but speed sucks, and I can't even use Skype because of it.

I rooted it again, now running CM 7.1 or whatever the latest stable release is as of two days ago, Android 2.3.7.

Anyone knows anything about how to possibly fix it, it would be AWESOME!!!

Well--

Did you pull sim or try a new sim

Call Carrier

Check APN's
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

@RUGMANKC

LOL... that's all it took. Thanks.

I've had this phone since feb 2010 and that's the first time I needed to do that.

Glad you got it--assume pulling sim did trick--
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links